A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BNL concert t-shirt collection into one skirt  (Read 1672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mehtare
« on: September 06, 2006 08:37:29 PM »

Hi all!

So I've been a Barenaked Ladies fan for ages (or at least I WAS, until this recent adult contemporary transformation...ick). I ALWAYS buy t-shirts when I go to their concerts, but... I never wear them. I know this, and yet I still buy them. Why? Who knows! But the fact remains, I had a drawer full of 'em, and they rarely sak teh light of day. The solution? Make them into a skirt! I don't have the BEST pictures of them, but you'll get the idea.

Basically, I cut them into strips... wider ones around the graphics, and then narrow ones from the plain t-shirt portion. I made them all different lengths, and attached them to a simple waitband I made from the waistband of an old sweater with an elastic sewn inside. Kinda ghetto, but it worked fabulously. At least, I think so.

Mehtare

P.S. I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find a picture of myself wearing it in Paris, where it went over very well. Wink No luck, though.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://suburbanhypocrite.etsy.com
Be kind, I'm new to etsy!

"The knack of flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."   Douglas Adams
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006 09:29:09 PM »

im not a big fan of there music but I like the idea for your skirt its cool using several shirts from the same band and putting them into one garment . it turned out well and looks good on you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_cool
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006 04:11:56 PM »

cool! Smiley I like some bnl songs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mehtare
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006 04:53:42 PM »

I wish I had an action shot of this... it looks SO COOL when I walk. All the little pieces sort of swish around, up and down. Love it.

Mehtare
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://suburbanhypocrite.etsy.com
Be kind, I'm new to etsy!

"The knack of flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."   Douglas Adams
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...