A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 314,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ever wear through your jeans at the inside thigh? (Unflattering pix inside)  (Read 20500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006 07:37:18 AM »

I'd almost write all over them or something to that effect to make them blend with the other denim..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingembre
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006 07:58:04 AM »

I say try the coordinating pockets. It definitely has potential I think. At least, *I* would wear them that way LOL. Of course, my sense of style may be different than others! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LJ
MySpace
Swap Partner Info
Just started a wist: (coming soon)

***Personal Swap Friendly!***
kraphtee87
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006 07:58:49 AM »

OMG!  I wish I could've seen this like a year ago.  This totally happened to my favoritest pair of jeans and I was quite upset.  I'll have to keep this in mind next time it happens. haha  I think they look really good.  I'd totally wear them everywhere.  But I like it when people stare  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006 07:59:04 AM »

I like the idea of adding a stripe on the outside seam as well...it will balance better...awesome idea....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
lizziezero

tiny hats for tiny dogs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006 11:56:04 AM »

if you dont want the contrast look, you could dye the whole thing dark denim.  i like to dye my jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006 12:02:52 PM »

Perhaps a better salvage of those jeans is to cut it off at the crotch and turn it into one of those tiered skirts as described here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118907.0.

You'd have a nice fit at the waist, a good looking skirt, and not have to bother with all that innerseam and coordinating pocket business  Cool

Sometimes it's easier to let go of a beloved garment if you know it has another life waiting for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintlatte
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006 12:09:30 PM »

I think the dye idea is awesome, denim dyes SOOOO well :-) Just use extra dye and cook it extra long....I have never tried the washer method since I have a front loader...but have excellent results with RIT and the stovetop.  They would be all one color....and look fabu....

Otherwise I really like the idea of bringing it together by adding more of the contrasting color.

Awesome idea though.  I too have to discard pants cause of the inner thigh rub.  and I hate it.  One reason I love denim is that at least it does not do the inner thigh pill up and look tacky  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chipper
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006 12:17:35 PM »

that's what I did!  Early this year, I didn't want to lose those favorite jeans so I took some sheer fabric that I had purchased at $1 a yard years ago (at $1 a yard I'll buy just about anything  Wink ), gathered it and Ta-Da!  beautiful skirt!  I got lots of compliments on it.  

The funny part is that I was car-less at the time and so hadn't been to a store in about 5 months.  I made the skirt and a month later went to target and the mall for the first time and saw skirts like it everywhere.  I was so excited that for once I was actually "in"  Smiley
--chipp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aspiring Crazy Cat Lady
That girl your mama warned you about!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006 12:49:38 PM »

Ok, I really, really like it.  I think the idea is brilliant and it's giving me all sorts of crazy ideas of my own.  Like exactly what you've done here, but with many pieces making up the legs, not just two.  Like strips of our favorite jeans turned into a pair or two of some really cool jeans made with different colors of denim.

Or hell, even just two colors.  I really like the contrast, just not the colors themselves.  And I think the contrast would work better in general broken up instead of both colors clumped together on one side.

But, you know what?  Take this with a grain of salt.  I'm an art student, not a fashionista.  I'm prone to 'weird' clothing choices as it is Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jacktastic
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006 01:01:49 PM »

oh man, I have the same problem - two pairs of jeans are sitting at my house with the thighs busted through.

I think in this case, since you used a lighter fabric on the inside and a darker on the outside, it's not the best look.

but they might make a great jean skirt . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Rocks!
Meatless Monday: Strawberry Basil Muffins
@Home This Weekend: DIY Earthbox

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...