A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,282
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Sweater of Many Buttons" Knitalong!  (Read 84238 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

100Bean
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2007 06:28:56 AM »

Hi again, everyone! I took a break from my sweater, but it only ended up being for a day. I was so hopeful that I'd be able to get it right that I frogged the entire thing the next day. I re-started with the cast-on number from the pattern (I had added extra stitches on my first try) and now everything is going great. I have to admit, I don't understand exactly what I did to get it right this time, but I tried it on yesterday and it seems to fit perfectly! I was so excited, I did a little dance. Smiley

I'm in the middle of the waist shaping now, thanks to all that amazing help from you guys a few pages back. I'm going to try to get a progress picture tomorrow.

I hope you all are having as much luck as I am with your sweaters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2007 09:12:38 AM »

I'm so happy to hear that 100 bean - it's such a great sweater!  I ripped mine yesterday, but I can't start it again because I started a different sweater with the needles while I was angry with it.   Undecided  Guess I'll have to hurry up and finish it so I can get back to this one.

Can't wait to see more pix - they always inspire me to get going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
mrspinchy
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2007 02:12:04 PM »

This is my first sweater-I started this about 2 weeks ago.  I am using Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton in a sort of caramel color.  It's super soft and I can't wait to finish!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2007 06:02:34 PM »

I LOVE the color - it's looking great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2007 08:11:03 PM »

sweet color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
superstitch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2007 09:31:18 PM »

wow, such a cool color! and the organic cotton is soft? i have such a phobia of cotton, i always think its so heavy and stiff, its good to know that there are good cottons. I think when i knit this i'm going to modify it as a straight down the center cardigan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2007 11:22:52 PM »

Well, just got past the sleeve join - I got a hole too, but I joined on a purl row, then had a knit row, and made those stitches extra tight. I've found my needles let me do that without a struggle later Cheesy

I'm searching back through to find all the waist shaping stuff. I've decided I want this one to be less boxy. My first was a man's pattern, the second was sorta boxy (except for the ribbing at the waist, but the rest looks like a sack on me!). This one by golly WILL FIT ME!

I really should take a pic...

mrspinchy, yours looks great! I dunno if I like the way the stitches don't show so well in the homespun. I think if I was doing something with less pattern (like the raglan sleeves - they are supposed to show!) it would be a lot prettier. Or just garter.

Still not gonna give up. I've used a skein already (fell short 2 rows from the armpit!) and that's way too far to frog now!!

ETA: For those wanting to shape it a bit more - the posts are on page 22.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007 11:27:05 PM by shewolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
100Bean
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2007 07:47:20 AM »

It looks great, mrspinchy, your color is lovely! And shewolf - it sounds like it's going a little better for you now than it was before, or at least I hope so!

Here's the progress pictures I kept promising. I tried to get some of it on me but they were a hideous disaster. Smiley I'm in the middle of the waist increases now, I'm just coming up on the 10th buttonhole. Here's the whole thing:

And the increases/decreases:

(The photos of such a light colored yarn make everything look more bumpy than it really is. Also, the neck looks really really small there - it's not as wide as it looks on Ms. Ohmystars, but not as tight as it looks there.)

It still fits perfectly and everything, I'm very very excited! But, since nothing can really go 100% right, it looks like I'm still going to run out of yarn. I'll have to make another order, but I'm waiting until I'm far enough to be able to estimate how much more I'll need. I'm still having fun, though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2007 11:24:24 AM »

Oooh, that looks beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
stitcheees
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2007 11:36:44 AM »

Silver Ilix, mrspinchy and 100Bean, your progress pics look beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished ones  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...