A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
194 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat Lovers Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 19434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
f1ghter
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2006 07:30:09 PM »

Cookies said that she has recieved her package and that I can post the pictures of what I made for her...so here it is! Smiley

The whole kit and caboodle!  From left to right... Kitty cards I happend to have on hand, a drawstring kitty bag, a fish bone patch that I thought was adorable, stitch markers, a small hand sewn wallet-style bag, earrings, knitting needle caddy, and a few cat toys I purchased (because I didn't think I'd be able to craft them myself! Tongue)

The stuff that I made myself.

Close up of the left side and...

Close up of the right side!!

I had a lot of fun making everything, despite sending a bit later than planned. Embarrassed  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018 02:18:25 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2006 10:55:51 PM »

i'm so glad you guys liked it all cassafrass! Smiley if things don't work on your end, i got a few pics before i sent it all off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2006 06:35:07 PM »

The mouse has a pocket in it that you can put catnip in and make it into a kitty scrathing toy or you could just hang it on the wall by its tail for looks.  I made one for a friend that has 3 cats and she hung it from a door knob and they rub on it and scratch it instead of her furniture.
I am so glad you like all the goodies.
I sent the bracelet becasue my 8 year old daughter thought it would make a good cat toy. So I guess you could say she sent it lol

Hmm I wonder if it'll work for Miss Kitty. I hope so I recently discove rd she's been clawing up my $800 bed!!
Tell your daughter thank you for the bracelet  Smiley

On a side not has anyone tried those things you put on your cats claws, they're little rubber/plastic things that slip on over the nail. Do they work? My kitty is clawing everything up. She has plenty of alternatives, she has a cardboard scratching post and two scratching posts on her kitty perch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2006 06:41:12 PM »

I say try it. I've never used them and I have heard that they do work pretty good.
I've seen softpaws at PetSmart.

here's a good info site http://www.catscratching.com/

good luck ~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006 06:49:59 PM »

My old roommate got an abandoned cat from someone and they had bought those SoftPaws to put on the cat, so they gave the extras to her when she took the cat. She said it works well, but you have to keep putting them on as they grow out, which gets to be tedious. Her review was that they worked well, didn't seem to annoy the cat, but that she probably won't buy them again once the pack runs out b/c she is lazy. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2006 07:08:41 PM »

my two cents on softpaws...
i had used them for many months and liked them but after a few cats got stuck places (for instance, eli got his nail stuck in the blinds.  actually the string on the blind got stuck behind and between the softpaw and his nail, if you know what i mean.  he was in the process of CHEWING himself loose when my boyfriend got home and it was the most gruesome and sad scene ever he said.) i decided to get a $100 cat tree instead (softpaws were costing me $20 a month) and take the time to train the cats.  yes, they still ruined a brand new couch, but we love them and they are worth having.  this is a huge issue for me so if you want more info PM me.  i wont take over this gallery anymore...sorry girls.  just wanted you kitty mommas to hear both sides of the fence.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006 07:10:28 PM by devilninny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2006 08:12:04 PM »

my two cents on softpaws...he was in the process of CHEWING himself loose when my boyfriend got home and it was the most gruesome and sad scene ever he said.)

oh G! thanks for your side. That would freak me out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2006 06:51:18 AM »

devilninny, thank you so much for your post! I will definitely tell my friend about what happened to your kitty. I know she wasn't planning on buying them again after she ran out, but she would still want to know your story, I think.

Even though we have a bunch of scratching things, ours still scratch the couch and the mattress. And even though we have about a billion cat toys, our little one still shreds the toilet paper when she's bored. My personal opinion is that it's a small price to pay for being a proud kitty mom Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2006 02:39:24 PM »

My personal opinion is that it's a small price to pay for being a proud kitty mom Smiley

awwwww...i agree.  i cant have house plants (usually) and mine go after the mattress too!  but once in awhile i catch them scratching where they should and i praise and get out the treats and throw a party!  haha.  they are our babies and they might be annoying sometimes, but they are usually puuuurrfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewantsxglamor
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2006 04:04:23 PM »

Oh joy! Cheesy
I got my package today (it was actually delivered on Friday, but they delivered it to the suite upstairs. Silly UPS men Roll Eyes) I am so excited about the stuff cassafrass sent me! If you ever get her as a swap partner, rest assured you're in good hands. I'll be posting pictures either tonight or tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...