A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vintage Apron Simplicity 5961  (Read 8203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

stevesgranny
Fabrics, yarns and textures

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2006 12:37:22 PM »

Would you like to make this pattern along with me?  I've made the pink view once (I thought it was a little complicated and time consuming) but it turned out nice. The green view I have made twice and loved the results. I am about to make it again with a little twist. My daughter wants it with the scalloped bottom and rounded pockets like the pink view.

I would enjoy some company, it is always more fun to sew with a friend. I am anxious to see pictures of which view you choose and all of the fun fabrics!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 05:51:13 AM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4
craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006 05:16:48 PM »

here it is

this is a really cute pattern I would like to make the purple one Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006 12:04:19 PM »

oh I made a bunch like the purple one. very simple and stylin'. my future MIL saw them and now I have to make her a couple for christmas. I made some with kischy fabric for myself and to sell, then some pretty ones for her
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007 10:42:48 PM »

I almost bought that one...but got the Simplicity 4282 instead.

RM
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007 07:21:42 PM by RecycleMicol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
ShiningStar
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007 05:51:05 PM »

Did anyone make these? Do you pics to share? The patternis discontinued but I think I can still get it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007 02:15:35 AM »

Hey I just bought this a short while ago.  I was out buying fabric for a certain spinners apron  Wink  Wink and noticed a paper pattern sale.  That was all the prompting I needed to enrich the stash a little.  I too was thinking I would really like to see the scalloped hem on some of the others.  I'd also like to mess about with the gathers on the heart one so it sits like it does in the old picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007 06:04:07 AM »

Be sure to pay attention to your finished measurements with the Simplicity patterns!  I have used two of their patterns so far and they seem to run large.  As in the SMALL sizes have fit my tall/bigish-medium mother rather than a petite/smaller-medium me!  I don't know if they're all that way.

So, seamstress beware!

Grin
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

ShiningStar
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007 08:45:54 AM »

Miss_Vicki,
Your ideas sound good. Be sure to show us pics when you can.

RecycleMicol,
Thanks for letting us know about Simplicity's sizing.  I'm kind of glad they run large because I'm busty and I have a butt also.  So they may work for me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007 11:06:27 PM »

I finally made one!  Check it out.  Something tells me ShiningStar will like this one  Wink

What do you all think?  Obviously this is view D.  I used a cotton print, Betty Boop Red Hat Lady.  Also obvious.   Grin  The pattern was easy enough to follow.  I left off the pockets and didn't edge with bias as instructed.  I didn't have enough bias of all one colour in stash and I really wanted it to look overly simple anyhow.  I was trying to keep it all about the print here.

As for the size (it is a one size pattern remember), it's actually quite good, though more generous than I had expected.  I am a medium in the waist and a large in the hips and I felt it wrapped around me nicely (although further around than anticipated).  I think it would fit up to an XL just fine with out any mods (it would be super easy to widen at the centre line of the main skirt and waistband for larger than XL, but might not be necessary).  I would suggest for a small frame to just gather more at the sides, you wouldn't really even need to shorten the waistband unless you wanted to go extra small.  There was plenty of space around the back on mine where the ends of the band don't touch, that is why I feel there is some leeway there.  Actually, I think I'd gather more on my next one anyway.  I like a bit more poof in the skirt than this pattern gave (I want it like the picture, fair enough).  That will mean loosing some of the skirt coverage around the back, but I like it that way anyhow, I am only interested in covering my front really.  Hope all that makes sense.

I have already blogged about this, there really isn't any more info on there though.  But there is another two pictures, if ya like it enough to want more.  Smiley  http://missvicki.wordpress.com/2007/07/02/apron-for-sil-finished/

Now, after all that... I am gifting this to my Boop obsessed Sister In Law.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007 08:05:53 AM »

Oh, that's just lovely for a Boop fan!!!   Thanks for sharing your sizing notes on this pattern!

Hugs,
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...