A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
137 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My huge lino printing project  (Read 6045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 04, 2006 01:44:29 AM »

I'm not sure this really fits into the crafty label...I did it for art when I was at school. I went lino (or do you guys call it block printing?) crazy...the final piece was printed onto A3 paper. It sured me of lino printing for a long time, but my fingers are starting to itch for some again...I'm thinking of doing some general purpose blank cards or notecards with illustrations of each season or flowers that are in season at particular times of year...I love love poinciannas and jacarandas and flame trees!

This piece was done in pieces...I used 6 separate blocks. I'm thinking of maybe modifying a few of these designs (esp. the top one...it feels nice and relaxed to me, sitting outside on the verandah with a cup of coffee and the paper and reeeeelaxing....maybe it'd be a good 'happy holidays' card) The mountain block and the waterliliy ones should be easy to modify...although when I think about it, the original blocks might be a little too big for cards...I'd have to re-cut new blocks. A project for the not so near future (darn that uni and stoopid exams)

Here we go...

Enjoy!...please do leave a comment...Cheesy...or a suggestion?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006 02:49:34 AM »

I just love lino prints! One day when I'm all grown up it's gonna be my thing too. What you have done is gorgeous, I love it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itesser

utor is totus pro bonus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006 03:21:59 AM »

um... wow?   Shocked

There are a couple images in there that are very familiar to me (as in they show up in my work, too). Mostly the hand with a pencil and the girl climbing a building.

The hand w/ pencil would make a good imprint logo for your cards (like the hallmark stamp that's on the back of everything)

I love the lino print look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006 04:29:02 AM »

Wow- I made a few lino prints in school and wound up with stiches in my arm (i'm so clumsy) but they were NOTHING compared to yours - I love them!!!!!! The artwork is great and the detail is amazing!
two kudos!

And be sure to share any of your new work!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006 04:40:15 AM »

Amazing! I did a few of these in school too but nothing as detailed as this! Wow! You are very talented. Beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
cunninglycrafting
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006 07:25:44 AM »

Very impressive!!  Great work.  Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Becca, aka Kestrel - SAHM of one groovy son (16), artsy-craftsy person who enjoys soap-making, fiber-arts, herbal gardening, hiking, and soaking in the hot-tub.
Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006 01:35:08 AM »

I know this is a big post...but I really want to thank each of you! I am super appreciative of your thoughtful comments. ((hugs!))

I just love lino prints! One day when I'm all grown up it's gonna be my thing too. What you have done is gorgeous, I love it all.
...Thank you so much!

um... wow?   Shocked

There are a couple images in there that are very familiar to me (as in they show up in my work, too). Mostly the hand with a pencil and the girl climbing a building.

The hand w/ pencil would make a good imprint logo for your cards (like the hallmark stamp that's on the back of everything)

I love the lino print look.
Thank you! I love drawing hands with pencils...if I were to use mine as an imprint logo, I'd really want to make it so that it was a left hand (cos I'm lefthanded). I meant for it to turn out as a lefty when I made it but I had a lotta trouble with the composition and mirror imaging right back when I began carving...Wink but I got there in the end...with a righty on the page (also when you go to draw the hand...I have to use my right hand as the model)...heheh. I love the feel of lino printing too!

Wow- I made a few lino prints in school and wound up with stiches in my arm (i'm so clumsy) but they were NOTHING compared to yours - I love them!!!!!! The artwork is great and the detail is amazing!
two kudos!

And be sure to share any of your new work!!!
Awww, thanks so much! Two kudos?? I appreciate it...hehe, yeah sometimes the carving tools can be dangerous! One of my super clumsy (but beautiful) friends somehow managed to get a small cut on her face - she was leaning way over her work! Scary stuff! You get used to being safe with it after a while though...when I get out my lino tools next I'll be sure to post something up here Cheesy

Amazing! I did a few of these in school too but nothing as detailed as this! Wow! You are very talented. Beautiful.
Thank you so much!

Very impressive!!  Great work.  Thanks for sharing.
Hehe, thanks...anytime Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006 12:51:06 PM »

fantastic imagery...fantastic printing!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erinscissorhands
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006 04:12:10 AM »

wow, this is really great! i love it, youi should look into selling prints if you dont already, seriously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy shop- http://www.operationpapercut.etsy.com
my blog- http://www.operation-paper-cut.blogspot.com
OPERATION PAPER CUT- hand bound journals, stationery and more.
beetlepose
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006 10:36:45 PM »

Wow!  You have excellent skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...