A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
275 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clothing display?  (Read 1771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bookooz2002

your jealous because my cereal only talks to me!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2004 03:05:28 PM »

Im doing a show next month , I will have a rack etc for my clothing to hang on , I need to comeup w/ somethign to actually hang a few outfits from to display them! Id really appreciate any helP!~ kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OldQlts
shop with me on ebay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004 11:57:17 AM »

it's not real pretty, but i've seen tubular metal clothes racks, such as you might use to store out-of-season clothing. for "pretty," how about looking for clothing stores that are going out of business and selling their display pieces? there are companies (both online and off) that sell display fixtures for every type of business around. if you live near a large city, look in the phone book, or if you have access to the "business yellow pages" that would be even better! (or google for "display fixtures")

good luck at your show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PrairiePrimitives is my eBay ID. I tried to put a link here, but it didn't work. Sad
CallMeAnne
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004 12:11:35 PM »

Do you want something traditional or kind of crazy?  What is your space like, are you near a wall? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Decorate Now

www.DecorateNowPatterns.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004 06:11:18 AM »

I bought clothing racks from a store that was going out of business. 

If you just want to display one or two garments at the back of your booth, then you can make a hall tree sort of rack (or just buy a hall tree), and hang one item at a time from the peg in the upright pole.  You can make the 'hall tree' from pvc or from lumber--just add 4 legs (or large shelf brackets) radiating out at the base for stability.

Or do what another booth did at my last show.  They took a cut down sheet of plywood, and added the shelf brackets to the base for legs.  Cover plywood with fabric or paint it.  Add coat hooks where you want to hang your items.  Then you just pick it up and go when you pack up.  This will give you a flat display wall to hang individual items at the back of your booth.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
uproar
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004 06:51:35 AM »

I have a duct-tape dummy that I made with the help of a friend of my bust.  I'm setting up with clothes at a show soon, and I'm planning on putting a shirt on that dummy on the table and then setting up my garment rack next to the table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...