A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 5 Senses Swap Gallery  (Read 25435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
krafty_kelly
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2006 06:33:43 PM »

The pillow was fun to make, it was my first attempt at freeform crochet. The hardest part was making the side pieces so that it would make a nice square.

Wow, I'm in envy of your great talent.  I've been pondering freeform crochet for quite sometime, but really too nervous to give it a go.  Its hard to believe this was your first attempt!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckx
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2006 08:50:57 PM »

according to usps ddixon should have received my swap stuff today. i'm so anxious, i hope she likes it. also i forgot to put one of my taste things in but there's one and an extra scent.

also i didn't take pictures before i sent because it was a really rushed day so darci if you want to post pictures that would be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckx
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2006 09:06:32 PM »

jennybear that pillow is so beautiful!

andrea, i'm so excited to get my stuff. i'm sure it will be wonderful and i'll post as soon as i get it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ddixon
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2006 09:26:35 PM »

Well, usps.com says weniguna should've recieved her package Monday. I only have one bad picture of my crafts, so hopefully she'll take some- it was a rushed day for me too.  Grin

In other news, I recieved from beckx today! It was lovely, & I'm in the process of taking pictures right now. I'll have them up sometime tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
 Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
                             -Albert Einstein
ddixon
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2006 10:21:57 PM »

The color I picked was white. Hmm.

Here's some photos of beckx's fine work..

I'm mostly excited about the organic herbal tea, vanilla bath salts, & the "White Noise" CD. I can't wait to use them all at the same time! I've never heard any of those songs before, but I listened to them on my way home from work & it made me want to take a nap- so relaxing!

My second favorite- the photo box. I love love love the writing on the top.. how did you do it?

& on the inside. A stencil-thingy of an ant! Haha, I love it!

& also a long sleeved tee w/ an owl stencil & some embroidery-stuffs on it. Comfy & warm! I couldn't really get any good photos of this due to my bloody camera.  Angry

Thank you very much, beckx! I enjoyed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
 Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
                             -Albert Einstein
beckx
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2006 10:55:05 PM »

I'm mostly excited about the organic herbal tea, vanilla bath salts, & the "White Noise" CD. I can't wait to use them all at the same time! I've never heard any of those songs before, but I listened to them on my way home from work & it made me want to take a nap- so relaxing!

My second favorite- the photo box. I love love love the writing on the top.. how did you do it?

i'm so glad/relieved that you liked it. i made myself a copy of that cd too, especially for baths. i think it came out really well. the last song on the cd is one of mine.

the writing on the top of the photobox is just done with a manual typewriter. that paper is handmade, basically the simplest kind of paper, just made with newspaper pulp. and the ant on the inside is from a stamp i cut.

and also the charm on the shirt: just so you know, you can take out the plastic over that little drawing and put in something of your own, a tiny photo, whatever.

and the little bird is filled with chamomile, in case you were curious.

happy belated birthday Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006 11:03:24 PM by beckx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2006 04:26:44 AM »

holy moley, graat white package!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TurtleGrrrl

watch out for honu!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2006 06:08:30 AM »

wow, everyone's stuff has been so awesome, the quilts, pillows, etched glass (I've always meant to try that!), and the bleeding crayon heart(!)!  So many great takes on this.  I'd love to do another round with you guys, but I just started grad school and I think it is going to kill me, so we'll have to see when the craft & send dates are...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality.  There is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury.  And then there's the dark side.

http://www.wists.com/turtlegrrrl
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2006 08:25:21 AM »

I received from Sarahrah, and it was wonderful! My colour was green.

Here is touch and sight. She went out on a limb (oh, I kill myself) and made the bag for touch, because it's the feeling of grass beneath her feet. I love this idea, and the paint, and the quote! In case you can't read it, it says "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin", from the play Troilus and Cressida!!! It makes it even better because I saw T&C this summer (it's one of Shakespeare's "problem plays" and so is hardly ever performed). Plus, I always overload my bags so much that my nice ones are falling apart, so I needed a new one! Wow, I'm really going on here, but basically I love that she combined my man Shakespeare (<3) with the swap.
Sight is the long glass bead necklace. I draped it artfully over the bag there because the picture I took of myself wearing it was just sad. It's just so pretty and bohemian! Beading is one of crafts I've tried and just bombed at, so I always appreciate getting pretty bead-y things in the mail.

Here are taste and smell. The taste is wonderful peppermint tea (just as I was running out of herbal tea . . . along with the tea and the bag, I'm starting to wonder if Sarahrah read my shopping list  Grin). The smell is cucumber & pear cented potpourri. Yumm!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018 02:14:31 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SUNSETxVEINS
keep l i/o ving

my one and my lonely.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2006 12:06:24 PM »

I received from Sitki last week, but I've been reeeeeally busy and had a lot going on, and I'm finally getting the chance to get online. But it's a totally awesome package, and I really love it! My color was green. I'm sorry if it's not the best picture. My camera seems to have a mind of its own...  Roll Eyes

For sight, she sent a copy of a really awesome painting she did. I love it!

For scent, she sent vanilla & ylang ylang bath salts that she made (which, by the way, smells great and is super neat).

For taste, she sent watermelon Pop Rocks (which is my favorite flavor Tongue), a mint cookie crunch Choxie bar, and a big pack of Doublemint gum.

For touch, she sent an adorable felt snake that was actually on my wist (because I lovelovelove Snakes on a Plane).

For hearing, she sent a lime green shaker/maraca/? that she made. It's really cute, and my cat has stolen it and is now chasing it around the house. Grin

Oh! And for "craft" (because she said we forgot that one!), she sent me a spool of green ribbon.

I love it! Thanks again, Sitki!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are exactly my brand of heroin.

My wist.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...