A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
213 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ))) Ear flap hat (((  (Read 5723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

littleone
« on: August 21, 2006 11:45:05 AM »

hello Smiley
i love making this hat, i used softee chunky yarn, and a metal flower button.  Wink
sorry for the blurry pics. Embarrassed  Cool
i never notice how hard it was to take good pictures of crochet items. Roll Eyes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/shutterfly/hat2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/shutterfly/hat1.jpg

thanks for looking  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 07:13:26 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working imgs to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hookster
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006 12:29:12 PM »

Your hat looks great! I want to try that one, but I already have too many other projects going. Was it quick and easy or long and painful?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizzy.cos
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006 01:19:07 PM »

Great work !  I much prefer your colour choice to the original.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006 02:29:38 PM »

hello everyone, thanks for your comments Smiley

well this hat was fun to make and easy, i think it only took me about 2 hours to make, i dont really remember because i was watching tv  Roll Eyes Cool
it wasnt complicated at all, and its a good way to practice making flaps and back post stiches(i really dont know how its called)
i used gray and that multicolor yarn  because thats what i had in my stash of softee chunky yarn. its very soft and warm.

try it out, its a cute hat, everyone likes it. Wink Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janeausten
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006 05:41:10 PM »

your hat looks great!  i made that one too. it was very quick and easy but i used 3 colors and didnt like the way it looked. ill have to try again with 2 colors. i really like the variegated yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkyrican
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006 06:00:46 PM »

great colors- i love the button!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VivCatGirl
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006 06:53:08 PM »

It looks great! Love it! I think this hat will be my next project from the "Happy Hooker" book. My hubby is asking for a ear flap hat since I started crocheting, so after many goodies for myself I think now it's his turn!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littleone
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006 08:44:07 PM »

thanks everyone,

vivCatGirl
when my hubby saw this hat he wanted one for himself, he liked the earflaps too, so im thinking of making one for him too, i have to modify the patter a little to fit him and without the shell stich. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogz
graphic artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006 07:58:08 AM »

I love how the ear flaps can be buttoned to the hat (for the days where your ears aren't quite as cold) I really like the colors you used, though I have been having a little bit of a grey clothing streak in my lately.

If you're using a digital camera (I have one and know they can be fickle with focusing) There should be a "macro" button (it usually has the icon of a flower) This setting allows the camera to focus at a much closer distance, so your picture will most likely be less blurry Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photography, microscopy, design, paintings - originals and commissions

http://spiltmartini.com/blog - portfolio and blog
http://spiltmartini.etsy.com - etsy store
VivCatGirl
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006 09:45:43 AM »

[quote author=littleone link=topic=115949.msg1110874#msg1110874
when my hubby saw this hat he wanted one for himself, he liked the earflaps too, so im thinking of making one for him too, i have to modify the patter a little to fit him and without the shell stich. Smiley
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right, the shell stitch makes it a little bit feminine. Maybe with simpler stitches all over and with black and greys... I'll try one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...