A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 322,997
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a [small] cute gift for someone i love  (Read 1045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dance_dance

I am not anti-establishment, I'm pro-peace.

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2006 04:57:48 PM »

okay, so my boyfriend left for about a month, and he'll be back in 20 days. i want to make him something AMAZING to let him know that i missed him, but i want it to be kind of small (because he can't think that i'm TOO eccentric. lol)

anywho, he's kind of conceited, he wears makeup (yay! i didn't even have to beg him. lol) he LOVES villie valo. he's kind of tall, a tad bit intimidating if you don't know him. uh...he's pretty into music. he wears a lot of black. he's a self proclaimed punker (which i think is simply adorable.)

yes, so i have about 20 days to do this. it sounds like a long time, but i only have a week left of summer and then it's back to school. so i kind of really have like 10 days, and then a couple of nights.

i've never made him anything before, but i told him what i was making him for valentine's day (a '10 reasons i love you' book)

i'm alright at sewing, but some things just don't work. suggestions would be AWESOME. so....thanks ^_^
<3 suzy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take me to a midnight show.
tardmuffin
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006 11:02:49 AM »

Manly-man make-up bag?
It'd be simple enough, and you could carry the punk thing over, plus that way he can always use it for something else if it tickles his fancy
And it's pretty fast to bang out the bag, then you can decorate as you have time.
And if you're like me, you can make the inside super mushy, so he has his tough bag with a touch of your senitment in the missing deparment.
Or a pillow? easy too, same concept, masculine, but you can add alot of personality.
I just made my boyfriend one out of a band tee so the fronts all punk, but theres a pink heart and his nickname for me on the back
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weemac
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006 05:16:48 AM »

ah a HIM fan Grin i'm a big fan myself.

as stated, maybe a makeup bag with the heartagram on it or something. or a journal with some HIM lyrics on it, i can tell you the names of some songs if you want to use the idea and your stuck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heavens_devil
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006 01:36:33 PM »

My friend is HIM mad and goes bonkers for anything with the heartagram on it...mind she also goes bonkers for anything lime green....she a tad weird Cheesy
...o ass, I had a page of writing but instead of highlighting it I deleted it all...bugger!!!!
*tries again*
As I put before, maybe buy a plain black bag and decorate it, I got a bag for my friend and put badges on and she loved it. In the bag you could put other presents like the makeup bag thing, poster etc. you can also buy studs and spikes to add yourself (from goth shops).
The goths/emos/punks/indie folk around here like to wear ties and I hear they're fairly easy to make just abit fiddly I imagine.
I should turn the Leeds festival off, it's making me jelous and depressed lol!
Anywho! Wallets are easy to make too, you could put a photo of you both or yourself in it, so he can never escape your gaze! muahahhaa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...