A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PayLoadz - anyone using? (not Paypal)  (Read 884 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

slgn

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2006 02:14:58 PM »

So here and there I've stumbled upon PayLoadz (payloadz.com) an electronic file delivery system that works with PayPal.  It will automatically deliver pdf documents (like patterns) once PayPal receives payment.

I figure this might be really good for me as I *think* I will be using PayPal as my estore shopping cart.

I'm just wondering if anyone is using it currently, what your thoughts are and what kind of account you have (ex: basic/free, monthly fee, or merchant percentage)?

Thanks in advance 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006 02:53:37 PM by slgn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
slgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006 10:17:10 AM »

sweetz_love - I appreciate your thoughts.  There are a lot of people who do not like Paypal for various reasons, some extremely valid.

My two cents on Paypal:  they are a tool, an imperfect one but a tool.  I have used them for a couple of years without incident.  Of the dozen or so people I actually know who use them, only one person (couple) had a problem - albeit a major one.  story here and continued here.  I was paranoid and thought about not using them but I decided to set it up in a way I felt safe - linking it to its own, stand-alone checking account so that if something nefarious happens I have a stop gap from the rest of my finances.  So yes, people should research Paypal (paypalsucks.com etc.) and be informed. 

Now back to the original purpose of this thread: Does anyone here use PayLoadz (www.payloadz.com)?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006 10:30:11 AM by slgn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006 10:51:10 AM »

I have used them since the day they came on.  I love Paypal..it is so much easier than sending money through the mail..you can pay immediately  and people can pay you right away.  I have never had a problem and I sold on eBay for three years...I still use it for buying on eBay and r a lot of web sites. I would hate to go back to the days before Paypal....is that Praise enough... Grin Grin 

If you would loke to check my feedback response on Ebay to see how easily my transactions have gone.......I used to design and sell dresses on eBay...never a problem in nearly 1400 treansactions...that says a lot..

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dreamdress&item=-1&frm=1883
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
slgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006 02:50:27 PM »

thank you Eve...
but I think people are missing the point. 

I am not posting about Paypal, I am posting about PAYLOADZ - an electronic file delivery system.

I have heard about crafters using PayLoadz on their websites to sell thier patterns or tutorials (pdf files) but I haven't heard any specific feedback or seen any examples.   

Is anyone here familiar with or currently using PAYLOADZ? 
www.payloadz.com

Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006 08:06:03 AM »

Oh yes, I understood..I was replying to the others who mentioned Paypal....I'm thinking, we sorta highjacked your thread....sorry..... Embarrassed

I think Payloadz may be a great thing to have if you transfe pattern files very much....  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...