A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Taking pictures of your polymer clay items, especially beads  (Read 1341 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Chicki
« on: August 18, 2006 08:40:20 AM »

How do you take pictures of your clay items so that they are not blurry?  I have been trying to take pictures of some beads and when I upload them they become blurry.  They are not blurry on my screen though.

Any ideas?

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oxfamglam
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006 08:43:10 AM »

Have you got a macro setting on your camera? If so, use this for extreme close ups and fine details. Turn off flash and place subject in natural light sometimes helps too.
Perhaps check if you can adjust your shutter speed.
Or adjust image size in a photo program.

If none of these work, do you have a scanner? Maybe you could scan the beads straight from there?

Hope I help a bit, I'm not a professional though so if it doesn't work, I'm sorry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006 08:57:47 AM »

There's loads of info on photographing small items (with natural or artifical light, with digital or film cameras or scanners, re cleaning up with photoeditors, etc.)  on this page of my site:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/photography.htm

Having said that though, not quite sure about this part:

when I upload them they become blurry.  They are not blurry on my screen though.

So, they're not blurry when you look at them with you're camera's monitor (after shooting), they are blurry "when you upload them" (but where are you viewing them at this point?)... and they are not blurry when  you view the final image on your monitor (at an image site? or in your photoeditor, or what?)

Some of the differences could be in the magnification you're getting when viewing the same image in various places... iow, the smaller the image, the sharper it will look (or actually it's more the reverse... the more enlargement there is, the more any blurriness will show).

Also, why don't you tell us more about what type of camera you have, it's "close-up capability"...how close you can get your camera to the item before the finished photos start to look blurry, and what technique and light conditions etc. you had when taking the photos.  That should help in narrowing down what's happening and what you can do about it.

Diane B.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008 10:09:23 AM by batgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
Chicki
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006 08:59:36 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

I was borrowing a friends camera as I don't have one yet so I can't tell you that information about it.

I will try to scan them and see what comes up.

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...