A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,832
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New here, I make hats!  (Read 3604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BabyMarie
Baby's Busy Crocheting

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2006 06:46:32 AM »

Hi everyone!  Brand spanking new to craftster.  Neat site!  I started crocheting about two years ago after about 20 years of failed attempts!    I've been making hats for my friends local 'hippy' shop for a while.  Thought I'd share some pics.  I never can get anyone to model for me, and I'm a stay at home mom with three little girls, so I bit the bullet and made some dumb faces.

I'd love any feedback!  If you see loose yarn, it's not quite finished.

THANKS!  

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011 05:32:06 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006 06:51:14 AM »

Your hats are great..and you are a charming, pretty model with a face made for hats. I think you made a great choice in deciding to model them yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
BabyMarie
Baby's Busy Crocheting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006 06:53:27 AM »

Your hats are great..and you are a charming, pretty model with a face made for hats. I think you made a great choice in deciding to model them yourself.

Wow.  Thank You!

I have a hummingbird tattoo too.  That sounds funny.
It's a 'stained glass' hummingbird hovering over a stained glass heart.

I love hats, I would wear one every day if it were cool enough.  I think they're possibly the best accessory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diosaperdida
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006 06:55:40 AM »

cool..I have a few hummingbirds here and there on my body..it was my Father's fav bird, and he hismself had a hummingbird on his forearm. They are for him as much as for me...a way to remember him.

Edited to correct the word "has" to "had".
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 01:30:51 PM by diosaperdida » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
xxPunkxxWorksxx
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006 07:54:08 AM »

Your hats are real ace---i myself am a hat addict- i looooove allll hattssssss!!!!!!!! Hats are my thing- and so let me give you all my compliments on your loovely hats!

OH and welcome to craftster!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyMarie
Baby's Busy Crocheting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006 06:06:31 AM »

Your hats are real ace---i myself am a hat addict- i looooove allll hattssssss!!!!!!!! Hats are my thing- and so let me give you all my compliments on your loovely hats!

OH and welcome to craftster!!! Cheesy

Hi!  Thanks alot. 
I like this place, I know no one else other than my grandmother and elderly great aunts that know how to crochet.  Neat-o!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006 06:44:14 AM »

Hi!  Thanks alot. 
I like this place, I know no one else other than my grandmother and elderly great aunts that know how to crochet.  Neat-o!

Wow.. you know people who crochet? Lucky :p

Those are great hats! I really like the pink unfinished one...even if it isn't done! have you seen www.yarncat.com ? There's a lot of hats there. Mom wants me to make her a coche like mine and I was looking for something a little bit different Smiley Got bored with the ones I made for myself!

ETA: D'oh! I totally forgot to second the Welcome to Crackster! Enjoy the new addiction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
BabyMarie
Baby's Busy Crocheting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006 07:37:31 AM »

Hi!  Thanks alot. 

Wow.. you know people who crochet? Lucky :p

Those are great hats! I really like the pink unfinished one...even if it isn't done! have you seen www.yarncat.com ? There's a lot of hats there. Mom wants me to make her a coche like mine and I was looking for something a little bit different Smiley Got bored with the ones I made for myself!

ETA: D'oh! I totally forgot to second the Welcome to Crackster! Enjoy the new addiction!

I used patterns before, but it seems like I screw up the shape of the hat when I do, so I just kind of feel them out.  I have three young daughters, and I make kids hats too... but I think my three year old might have a giant head, so I'm never sure if they'll fit other kids. haha.

Right now I'm working on beanies with caps...brims....like the black one in my photobucket link.  It seems like I keep getting requests for that one.  I got some wool ease at a closeout sale online for $1.69 a skein!  I bought like 40 skeins.  Christmas presents and capped hats here I come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vernzap
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006 07:57:58 AM »

Very cute hats! I love the light pink one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyMarie
Baby's Busy Crocheting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006 05:24:06 AM »

I love etsy.com!  I always noticed that alot of people on here had stores there, but I thought the fees were like ebay.  But surprise surprise! they're so not.  So I opened a little shop too.  I have a billion more hats to go up.  Exciting! 

Oliverosemaximum.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...