A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Star Wars latch hooking (lotsa images)  (Read 1837 times)
Tags for this thread: star_wars  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lil_bamf
« on: August 09, 2006 11:45:37 PM »

I've been lurking around this site for a while, so I might as well share some of the nifties I've made.

Being the Star Wars geek I am, I made some rugs as gifts for some actors from the films that I met at Dragon*Con (a *huge* sci-fi/fantasy/horror/gaming/etc. convention held in Atlanta every year). I apologize ahead of time for the wonky pictures.

This is the first one I made two years ago. It's Boba Fett (My favorite character Smiley). The pattern is based on a promotional poster from Decipher's Star Wars tcg. It looks a little weird because it just came unrolled after a 4 hour car trip.

And another pic... (for the hard core fans in the room, that's cloud city and the Slave I in the background).

And finally, Jeremy Bulloch (the actor behind Boba Fett) holding the rug. Huzzah!

Sadly, this is the only pic I took of this rug. This one I made last year. It's young Boba Fett holding his dad's helmet just after he was killed by the Jedi. The folks in the back are Daniel Logan (who played young Boba) and myself.

I'm currently working on two more (one of Darth Maul and a huge one of Wash from Firefly). Now if I could just work up the energy to go finish them...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Duct tape is like the Force: It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
onthinice
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006 06:35:21 AM »

You've taken latch hook to a whole new level.  Wowza!  Boba Fett is one of my favorite characters, too.  He's got the coolest toys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
RBrandt87
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006 08:25:50 AM »

I love Boba Fett!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robotragicomedy
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006 08:26:32 PM »

Oh, man, I bet that was fun. I can't wait for Dragon Con this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I go to seek a Great Perhaps.

whatintheworld.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...