A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Does this exist?  (Read 2741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
goldfishhead
« on: August 09, 2006 08:46:38 PM »

Ok, so I feel like this company should exist- but i have been unable to find it. If it dosnt exist, i may have to make it, but first, ill ask you if youve seen it.

What im looking for is a geek/freak/goth/nerd freindly scrapbook supply company. I am sick. to death. of flowers and paisly! and stripes, their not much better! Where is the cosplay set, the ninja paper, the pirate paper for christsakes! I have pages and pages of papers that should exist, but dont seem to. Where can i find papers appropriate to my garu larp charicter? (i did find one nice full moon through trees, but c'mooon).

Ideas? links? directions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006 01:07:49 AM »

any chance you could make the pages yourself?
I've had to do that in the past when i couldnt find the colours i wanted...how about scanning a T-shirt/album cover thats got a suitable image on???  (not sure about copyright..so you'll need to check that)
maybe find some images online print and cut them out to add to plain cardstock/paper. Have you done any doodling? thats the latest over here (uk)
this may be an ideal way to incorporate your "style/theme" in the page..or journaling...like in art journals.

I tend to pick a colour from the photo/s and use this in the background/matting

I was a goth...still am at heart so I understand were you're coming from...good luck

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
goldfishhead
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006 11:58:14 AM »

Actualy, yes I can[/i} make the pages myself. I have a fanastic pirate booty paper i made myself out of a photo of some props. I was actualy just considering whether or not to bother makeing more, possibly for downloadable purchase. I have 2 notebook pages just listing paper after paper that I think the nerd/geek/goth/otaku community would appreciate.

But sometimes I'm lazy, and just want to buy the paper and scan it for my own use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006 10:37:00 PM »

I've been thinking about this too. I'm looking at opening my own shop (craft emporium & tattoo studio, bitchin')

And thought to myself, why don't we have our own line of custom papers? You know, scrapbook "daughter getting her bellybotton pierced" and "Frank's First Tattoo"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staramaze
Sarah and the Stampstars

Crafting Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006 12:32:15 AM »

This is why I use a lot of Rubber Stamps in my Scrap-art... very versitile... easy to switch up a design with color or stamp my own papers... mix sets... create my own titles etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006 01:55:08 AM »

Try some origami papers - they often come in more geometric designs in nice blacks and reds, as well as in various anime/manga patterns (I freely admit to having purchased Naruto origami paper to make paper ninja stars with in the past)

Or, if you're feeling reeeeeeally patient, keep your fingers crossed for my job application with a scrapbooking supply company, and I'll see what I can do for you  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
goldfishhead
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006 09:02:39 AM »

hehe. well, of of my freinds whos an artist and a buisnesswoman as homebound for the next few months. So whoknows, mabey we'll start something up.

but since I have your ear, oh ms Inara...
If the company your working for is big enough, you may wish to seriously consider trying to get them to go try something in japan. Seriously, the only scrapbooking supply company in japan works like Avon, youknow, buy from your local dealer at parties. What the hell is that? They have constant festivals, are world renown shutterbugs, and have a thousand year old history of enjoying pretty papers. I mean, comeon! If you could get japans teenage girls scrapbooking, it would be a goldmine.

I'm done now. sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Staramaze
Sarah and the Stampstars

Crafting Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006 12:03:35 AM »

Seriously, the only scrapbooking supply company in japan works like Avon, youknow, buy from your local dealer at parties. What the hell is that?

That is what I do for a living...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishhead
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006 11:52:35 AM »

oh, I'm sorry, I didnt mean that its BAD that their there. My god, when your the only dealer in town, people better be greatfull your there.  I just mean...it seems like it could be made so much more visible. So much more...accesable.

And I'm curious, has anybody tapped the schoolgirl market for scrapbooking over there yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewrayme
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006 07:39:35 PM »

This kind of goes along the lines of what someone else said.
I found a stamping company that has "not so ordinary" type stamps.

I've actually made my own paper by using my stamps and a scanner.  You can make some really cool paper using a scanner and really any items you have on hand.

Anyway, here's the address of that stamp company.  They don't really have goth stuff, but they do have some really interesting and different types of stamps.
http://100proofpress.com/

HTH
Amy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
goldfishhead
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006 11:41:25 AM »

hey, c'mon people, lets see some EXAMPLES!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...