A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 87125 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2007 03:56:30 PM »

oh good...i hope i made the right choice, because i ordered a ton of it from the sheep shed as well!!!  talk about cheap!  i'm doing the blanket in camo colors, so the olive, green and kelp colors were PERFECTO!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lobster Magnet
« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2007 04:12:24 PM »

I cast on for the Root a couple days ago and the pattern's been so interesting (my first top down raglan) that I'm almost finished - probably my most productive and efficient project ever!  I'm knitting with a very pale green recycled cotton and size 4.5 needles.  I'm just at the bust shaping with endless stockinette coming up.  Hope I finish today or tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooncalf
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2007 02:34:33 AM »

I'm making Rusted Root in Rowan Calmer (2 a ball on sale!) and I've done about 35 rows. I'm really enjoying it and loving the yarn but the rows do seem to be taking an eternity to complete - the arms just seem so wide!

I didn't get gauge with the calmer (21st rather than 20st) but I'm at the smallest end of the size I'm knitting so I hope it will be OK. The only thing I'm worries about is running out of yarn. I have 640m and I'm making the medium but I was hoping to add a couple of inches to the length as I hate short tops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buzybeebee24
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2007 06:55:08 AM »

I just orded some cotton fleece off of the Sheep Shed website. I picked out the dusty blue for rusted root and tangarie for ms. marigold.

farrah i'm really happy that you liked the tangerine colour. i was also concerened about the colours. I received and email yesterday that they were shipping out my order so hopefully i'll get it soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
she11y
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2007 12:46:08 PM »

Here is my progress so far.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/she11y_photos/RustedRoot.jpg

I was getting tired of knitting it so I thought I'd try it on for motivation. I'm very pleased with the fit. I am doing a size in between the S and M.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbelle
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2007 01:03:34 PM »

Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitters Delight
Knitters Delight

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2007 01:22:05 PM »

I'm loving Rusted Root in Candy Apple colored Cotton Fleece.  I think that I should be able to complete Rusted Root fairly quickly, which will allow me to do the other two sweaters I'm hoping to complete for April for my other KALs. More details on my blog.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LizziTea
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2007 06:18:45 PM »

Soooo, I picked up 2 skeins of cotton fleece on a major lys sale.  I'm planning on making the xs and I've VERY short-waisted (5' tall).  Does anyone think I can get away with only 2 skeins?  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2007 08:44:26 AM »

I don't think so.  I'm making a sweater now, and although it is a turtleneck, 2 skeins only got me about 4 inches past the armpits (with no arms).  I'm not a M instead of XS, but don't think that's going to make enough difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
LizziTea
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2007 09:34:40 AM »

hmmm....ok well it was worth a shot.  Guess I'll just have to do green gable, which calls for only 2 skeins for an xs.  Thanks for the advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...