A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 86724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
she11y
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2007 09:48:15 AM »

this may be a dumb question. i was just looking at that yarn, and it's 12 ply. since the brown sheep is 24 ply, are you adjusting your gauge or is it still a worsted weight yarn?

That's an interesting point. I hadn't noticed that. I did get gauge using size 6 needles. I wonder if that's why the yarn seems so splitty?  It seems to knit up fine though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbelle
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2007 11:59:52 AM »

But isn't what you bought Brown Sheep, just a discontinued color?  Maybe it is mislabeled on the website?  Do you have the label on the yarn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she11y
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2007 12:14:08 PM »

But isn't what you bought Brown Sheep, just a discontinued color?  Maybe it is mislabeled on the website?  Do you have the label on the yarn?

Yes. The label says Brown Sheep but the website says 12 ply.  I tried to split the yarn and I do only see 12 plies. Is that how ply works? The label doesn't mention ply on it but it is 100g/215yd. I wonder if it is a factory second or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2007 01:49:31 PM »

I don't think the number of plies (can you say plies?) is relevant to the gauge.  Ply just means how many threads are twisted together, not how thick it is all together.  You could even have a single ply yarn that's bulky weight.  If it knits up to gauge, then it'll work!  (I've never used Brown Sheep, so I can't speak to that.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dair

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2007 02:29:38 PM »

in Australia, 12 ply is equal to worsted - 12ply is a size of yarn.... However, according to yarndex.com, Brown Sheep is a DK - double knit or '8ply' as we know it here in OZ...

Hope that helps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

farrah
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2007 09:17:01 AM »

Thanks to those who gave the heads up to the Sheep Shed Studio yarn...I just ordered the yarn for Rusted Root in Tangerine (and of course had to throw in some sock yarn as well). My entire order, for 3 skeins Cotton Fleece & 2 skeins "luxury sock yarn" PLUS shipping was only $25!

I freaking love Craftster. Helping me every day with my addiction...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lana2
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2007 10:08:58 AM »

I ordered a few skeins of cotton fleece in the pine green from Sheep Shed Studio for dirt cheap.  I got an email saying my order would be delayed because of the snow storms out there, and I thought it was really nice of them to email me and let me know rather than have me wonder. 

I was thinking of making this in a forest green color anyway, so a BIG THANK YOU to whoever posted this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knitters Delight
Knitters Delight

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2007 11:47:13 AM »

Sheep Shed was so cheap, that I was able to order enough Cotton Fleece to make myself and my Sister a Rusted Root in Candy Apple! (We live 3,000 miles away, so I'm cool with matching Rusted Roots).  My order came the same week, so I'll be casting on this weekend for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2007 08:06:05 PM »

wow beautiful sweaters!! since you are all experts now working with the cotton fleece yarn, would you suggest it for a lightweight warm weather blanket?  I am trying to find a good yarn that's breathable and lightweight for hot summer nights. :-)  everything has acrylic in it that seems to be a decent color, and acrylic is so suffucating and sticky.  the colors available in the cotton fleece are amazing, so i was thinking of giving it a go.  any opinions or advice? 

thanks  Grin

knottydottie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
farrah
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2007 03:39:30 PM »

So I ordered the cotton fleece from Sheep Shed Studio on Friday, and I came home from work today (Monday) to find it sitting on my doorstep! I could not be more pleased with this place!

The yarn is freaking perfect, too- I was worried because the pictures on the website were not great and I wasn't sure of what I was going to get, but I am really happy with the Tangerine color.

Knottydottie- I haven't knit anything with the Cotton Fleece yet, so I'm probably not the best judge, but just feeling the yarn I feel like it would make an excellent warm weather blanket.

Rusted Root, you will be mine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...