A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sublime Stitching - THE NEW BOOK! Out 10/06 - Book Reviews  (Read 12331 times)
Tags for this thread: book_review  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006 07:34:08 PM »

Hey! The book will have over 90 ALL NEW Patterns. Totally new and unique to the book. I'm going to flesh out the description above in a little bit....

Also, just to make things utterly confusing: you may see the book in stores as early as mid-september. But, just to be safe I'm saying Oct 1 because it will definitely be out then. But if you're just dying for it, start checking around at your local bookseller in mid-september. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
princesakati
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006 07:38:31 PM »

YAY!  Although I'm not holding my breath -- one of the local book stores just got the stitch-it kit in this past week Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
hbkt83
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006 10:18:04 PM »

oh thank God I have an October birthday....people will know just what to get for me! yay!  the patterns look so cute!  I LOVE the ice cream sundae!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006 03:54:31 PM »

I found the book at Half Price Books in Minnepolis, Minnesota in June! I had no idea what is was, went scrounging online, asked about it when i placed my order for more patterns, didn't find much info but was just TOOOOOO PSYCHED. It had to have been a sample or something from the publisher as there is a pocket in the front and there was nothing in it. But the book is intact and for me being so into Jenny's design's and embroidery in general, this was a great find!
  Otherwise, everyone should get this book, the patterns are awesome, and are easy to organize once you use them and there are just TONS of things to use. I have a few folks to buy it for for birthdays too! Thank you for putting it together and giving us one more thing to create with! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SublimeStitcher
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006 07:30:01 PM »

I'm amazed that it's already appearing on shelves! Good luck if you can find these super early-bird copies. I know Art Star in Philadelphia has a bunch, and I signed them all while there last weekend.

I'd love to hear what you think of the book. These designs are a wee bit tamer, and I made a point to include some really simple designs that children could do (cars! trucks!), but I put in all the things people have been asking for. Some of my favorites, that I can't wait to see someone put on a receiving blanket, are the baby heads. That's right, I said baby heads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kits - Patterns - How 2

tejer
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006 03:22:52 PM »

I requested that my library purchase the book and they just sent me an e-mail saying they will order it as soon as it's out. Whoo hoo! Gotta spread that goodness around to the library community too. Smiley

I also have an October b-day. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SublimeStitcher
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006 04:07:32 PM »

Yay for October birthdays! Mine is in December, a little too close to Christmas and I always wished for an October birthday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kits - Patterns - How 2

wilcogirl

thats gwynne...rocking out!!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006 03:41:38 PM »

yay....i got my book today!!!!!!  woooo-hoooooo!!!! 

Jenny this book is awesome, i almost want to buy a second one so i can keep one all pretty and whole.  its almost too special to cut up!!  i LOVE all the new patterns...cars, trucks, baby themes, kitties, pie, flamenco dancers...to name a few!!!!  i was showing it off to everyone at my bookstore today, and it is up on display as my staff recommendation!!

sorry about all the exclamation points...im just really excited!

jenny you rock my embroidered world!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when some strange person is calling you their home, then you'll be where you wanna be - Jeff Tweedy
bubbledragon
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006 06:48:50 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the "But I want to keep it PRISTINE!" feeling.  I even considered just tracing onto parchment paper with a transfer pencil so that I didn't have to cut it up.  Everything is so cool, especially the BABY HEADS.  And the aliens.  And, well.  You get it.  This book totally rocks.  I especially like that it's spiral bound, so that I can just leave it open to whatever stitch I'm practicing on.  And the "Stitching Lessons" page?  Genius.  It's like a sampler, but ... well, not so ducky.

I'm raring to make some of those cars into hearses or Spidermobiles or something!  ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plath
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006 06:52:53 AM »

Arg.  I'm STILL waiting on my shipment from Overstock.  Hopefully it will be there when I get home today.  I'm so jealous of those of you who have it already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...