A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I just got my Stitch-it Kit!!!  (Read 2124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
murderjunkie666
« on: August 29, 2006 01:19:41 AM »

now i want to embroider everything i get my hands on!!! nothing is safe!!!
i will post my first project on here when i finish. mine doesnt look anywhere near as good as most of these posted on here, so be kind. i am so excited though. i hope to have christmas gifts finished by the begining of november. i have all the time in the world because i broke my leg at a GWAR show and the doc wants me to stay off of it.  Embarrassed
anyway, i am uber excited about embroidery. does anyone know of any other websites like Sublime Stitching?
oxoxo
MJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesakati
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006 12:48:54 PM »

Congratulations!  I definitely understand about wanting to embroider everything you get your hands on!  And ouch, sorry about your leg!

Other sites how?  If you're asking about patterns, there are other sites with patterns, like aunt marthas, but sublime stitching really has the only hip patterns.  She's really got a monopoly on the market in that regard!  If you're asking about sites with how-tos, I think there are probably some others...  I don't know any off the top of my head, but I'm sure if you poke around on craftster you can find some links!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006 05:25:23 PM »

It's true! There's nothing else like Sublime StitchingRoll Eyes

But seriously, there are wonderful resources out there. One website that I really enjoy, but have sadly noticed is no longer being updated is:

http://www.needlecrafter.com

She has a really extensive online library of downloadable vintage patterns and stitch diagrams. It's a great resource.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
IFancyPadfoot
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006 05:35:52 PM »

I literally just got mine (I got home from Borders with it about an hour ago) and can't wait to open it and start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Neophyte282
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006 07:21:48 PM »

I love this site! It found it in the back of the Stitch It Kit links page. It's listed differently in the book, the lady changed her URL.

http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006 07:08:24 PM »

I am totally in love with my Stitch it Kit.  I bought it at Barnes & Noble a few months ago.  My late great grandmother on my mom's side embroidered the most beautiful things before her eyesight started going.  Every year she sent us a felt Christmas ornament with hand embroidered details.  I always decorate with them during the holidays.  I had never embroidered before, but I'm always game for learning new crafts so I was thrilled with how simple it was to learn from the Stitch it Kit book.  The first night I had the kit I embroidered a hula girl and two palm trees on the tea towel provided with the kit.  I went out the next day and bought up two of every color embroidery floss.  I have added embroidered embellishments to everything that I can sew on  - shirt lapels, jeans pockets, skirt hems, purses, handkerchiefs, hats - you name it, I've embroidered something on it LOL 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
C76
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006 03:01:17 PM »

Congrats to all.  Cheesy

My Kit arrived last week.  I live near a craft store. I look forward to going and buying myself some floss and needles this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006 03:06:56 PM »

does anyone have the new book? I flipped through it today at gingers (in austin) and its amazing! Its definitely going on the christmas list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
k8lyn77
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006 01:15:56 PM »

I just started my first project from the kit too.  I am so excited at how it is coming along!  I love it! 
I think I am going to try an handkerchief to carry on my wedding day next.  Woo hoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's like you're unraveling a cable knit sweater that someone keeps preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting......and......knitting.......and......knitting......and') knitting..."
-Pee Wee Herman
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...