A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 150584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mlwl
Wist Klepto

Wheeeee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: September 11, 2006 11:34:45 AM »

One of my best friends has the best storage I've seen for yarn- she has a stack of those plastic file crates and keeps the yarn in one based on project, type, or color.  They all face the front, so she can see them all, and it keeps them very nicely organized... no digging around to find another purple fuzzy or whatever. Smiley  Then, she has a specific spot for those crocheted WIPs as well.

And *sigh* my room has already fallen into the "was clean, isn't anymore" clump.  I didn't even have time to take a picture!!!! Grrr after I send out a bunch of swap stuff this weekend I'm going to redo it and RUN for the camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2006 11:43:27 AM »

I can't even find my camera in my tip of a room!

those file crate things seem like a good idea. I currently have three large plastic boxes which stack, but they're a bit cumbersome. I was just looking in the catalouge and they have these sliding drawers (kinda like plastic filing cabinets) which seem very useful. Although they're abit expensive for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedjess
Girly Crafty Goodness

Maker of Girly Essentials

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: September 11, 2006 11:52:53 AM »

So here is my itty bitty office/craft room. I wasn't sewing when we bought the house so it was okay for the occasional crafty endeavor and being on the computer. But, now that I have so much fabric, it's damn near impossible to keep things straight. It is currently "cleaner than usual" because my cat decided to eat a bunch of my sewing thread and had to have it all removed and just got her cone off theo ther day...GRR! So, I have to make sure all the thread is vacuumed off the floor. I tend to be really messy when I craft/sew so stuff goes flying. Needless to say, I have to vacuum pretty much every day... they can get the door open unfortunately.

So here it is in all it's glory. - From the door - the room is roughly 8'x9'

from the opposite corner

a spliced image of my craft/sewing table and the junk on the shelves - mostly scrapbook stuff which i don't even have time to do

my 'storage' solutions - yeah its a pain in the butt to try to get something out - the bags in the floor are party supplies for my daughter's 1st birthday - there is literally no where else in my house to put them

The printer & bill paying shelves - until yesterday it housed books and scrapbook paper - those got moved to the bookcase

Finally the computer desk - I didn't feel like tackling this yet...

It will look like a tornado came through at around midnight when I go to bed after sewing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 11, 2006 06:30:29 PM »

I did it!!! And I SO wish I had a camera to provide proof!! But I've been soooo productive and it's DONE! Yay!! I will post pics as soon as I am able!  Cheesy
Hooray! Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do believe in the power of stuff..." - Sokka

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore

Water Tribe Hufflepuff, married to an Earth Nation Ravenclaw.
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2006 11:08:19 AM »

Yay Batgirl! I've been backsliding since I've been deathly ill...Plus Mr.K has been inspired by us all, and cleaned up the computer room/closet, forcing the network down for a few days. :/ I wish he'd have let me take some "before" pics...maybe when he's done I'll do some afters.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2006 11:12:08 AM »

I feel bad because I'm WAY behind on my swaps and taking pictures...there's nothing worse than being sick...getting AWESOME packages, and then being late in sending yours out.

I'm doing better...I might have a little gift for you for cleaning your room. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishhead
« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2006 09:24:23 PM »

At last! its done! its taken us all this time, but I'm loving the whole apartment so much more now. I'm even willing to overlook the mouse and cricket problems. My studio area is also our livingroom, dining room, and office. so, here are my before and after pictures! Starting with the widest view:

sadly, this isn't even a "before" pic. This is AFTER we added more storage (like that white shelf) and reorganized the furnitre.

And after! This is my favorite. That cityscape there? a shower curtain from Target we cut down to size. Its canvas, not plastic.  Notice that little coffeytable there? Its an Ikea peice. Exactly the right size for my comic paper, with a build in, sliding cloth drawer inside, perfect for holding all my erasers, pencils, and fancy pants pens.  But, the BEST thing about the table is that the top slides. So that I don't need to take everything off the table to get at whats inside.

The tall white drawer on the left there was a new addition to. The top drawer is for uncut scrapbook paper (which is most of it, since i usually just scan them). the second is for other paper and scrapbooking stuff (tools, cut paper, letters, embellishments). The third drawer is the perfect size for my big ol collection of prismacolor markers, and the fourth is for my unfinished bjd from scratch project. The last drawer is chibi_evils sculpty supplies.

AND I added this:

for my chibi_evil. her own desk area, since she actually uses chairs and things. and now we've stopped losing bills! yay!! that table was over by the door before.

Now, the hutch was basically all chibi_evil, not me. but look how much nicer it is! Before:

and after!

And, her work again, Before:

and after:

But, the door area was mostly me. Getting these shelves for the shoes, and moving the chair (to the kitchen) helped so much. We just couldn't resist dropping stuff on that chair, and we never sat on it! I plan on putting the mittens and things into a basket or cool looking box over there, and putting a few other necessities on the shelf, so theres no room to stack stuff.

like i said. I'm done! finally!

whew. Next stop- the bedroom!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006 09:27:59 PM by goldfishhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #387 on: September 19, 2006 09:33:43 PM »

GREAT JOB!!

I love the shoe holder, and the city scene!  That was a great idea to use a shower curtain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #388 on: September 20, 2006 01:16:57 AM »

I LOVE that shower curtain idea! Great work! Do I see a huge class of white wine in that second photo? Hope you were celebrating your awesome new work space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Girl! Stop asking "What's for dinner?" IGOTCHU! Hit me up! ~
noelle
« Reply #389 on: September 20, 2006 06:46:51 AM »

i just reorganized my sewing stuff this weekend. i found a beautiful buffet at salvation army, and it holds about 60% of my fabric. sooo happy. plus it fits right behind my couch and keeps the space open.

love love the "silverware" drawer.  Wink

the sewing machine setup. more fabric in plastic bins, patterns and notes/interfacing in a cheapo file cabinet. and lots of natural light.

and because i don't have any before pics of the sewing area, here's the craft stuff that must be organized next. it's all stuffed on a baker's rack (and the floor) in a space that's also the pantry/laundry room.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018 10:41:44 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...