A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Which flip flop creation is your favorite?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 313,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Band Cuffs pattern by Craftster's Knitwit  (Read 14754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006 12:56:23 PM »

Sure! I plan on picking up some yarn at the weekend for these to do them some justice! Wink Fab design & tute, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zen Gwen

This too shall pass.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006 06:40:24 PM »

I made some too.  Cheesy

They're so fun! I think I'm going to have to have one to go with every outfit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are dolls, they seem to say, but don't play with us. We bite.
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006 07:08:32 PM »

i just made another one and started another =]
they are soo fun, quick, and easy to make
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006 07:40:32 PM »

Zen Gwen - great colors! They look really cute together. I'd love to put them in the cuff gallery on my blog too!

I should be updating the gallery soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006 07:43:24 PM »

Done
i just finished my second one tonight =]

pink and brown and pink and green =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006 05:13:25 AM »

I'm all over this thing like sand in the desert.  I've been using my scraps bag.  Yay stash busting!  There were more, but I've already given some away.  Little girls think these things are the cat's miaow.  I agree. I've been knitting them in the round, mostly, and have been experimenting with different lengths and thicknesses of patterns.  Variegated yarns work really well with this -- many of those were in the give-aways, but you can sort of see the effect in the small blue one which I made for my wee daughter.

I thought these were such a good idea, I'm making a bunch in the school colours of the high school where I teach.  Last year, a teacher made ears on headbands for the sports teams to sell at games as a fundraiser (we're the Wolverines).  I'm going to donate a bunch of these for a similar purpose -- I'm going to let the band take first crack at it, though... then students' council.  Cuz, you know, sports aren't everything!  I hope this money-making venture isn't frowned upon as an abuse of copyright or anything... it's not like I'm making a direct profit.  I'll donate them.  It's for charity! (besides, they're not exactly the same as the pattern... and I'll give credit to the original pattern if any body comments on how cool these things are!)

And finally, I'm making a few as back-to school gifts for some little girl friends of mine.  I've got one done, so far.  I added beads, which I think is very pretty.  If anyone is interested in doing this, the trick is to place the beads on the knit round/row where you change to the contrast colour.  That way, when you go back on the purl row, the bead will sit on the outside of the purl bump.

I love this idea -- so versatile, adaptable, and very very portable!  A couple wads of scraps and a long circular in a ziploc in my purse and I'm ready for car rides, waiting rooms, and a seat on the exercise bike!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zen Gwen

This too shall pass.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006 03:05:26 PM »

Aw, thanks, knitwit. Feel free to put them in your gallery, I'll feel so cool.  Cool

Wow, yarnhag has really been doing some cool stuff.  Shocked I think I'm definitely going to have to try knitting some in the round, and using beads...whee! so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are dolls, they seem to say, but don't play with us. We bite.
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006 03:13:21 PM »

yarnhag, your cuffs are awesome! The school colors are quite tasteful too. I'm digging the bead idea and...are those headbands? I have to try those asap.

For the record I don't have any problems with you making them for charity (especially since it looks like you've altered the pattern a bit AND well, it's for charity!)

Do I have your permission to use your photos in the gallery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006 05:26:05 PM »

yarnhag, your cuffs are awesome! The school colors are quite tasteful too. I'm digging the bead idea and...are those headbands? I have to try those asap.

For the record I don't have any problems with you making them for charity (especially since it looks like you've altered the pattern a bit AND well, it's for charity!)

Do I have your permission to use your photos in the gallery?

no, those aren't headbands, they're just flat bracelets I haven't stitched up yet.  I had thought this would be a good headband pattern, too.  I've seen lots of Mason-Dixon knitting in pictures, but never knew how to do it.  This pattern opened my eyes to the fantastic world of slipped stitches!

Thanks for approving of my school fundraising plans!  And, yes, of course you can use my photos.

I'm so glad you all like my stuff!  I'm excited to see what else I can come up with to wow you all... and keep you knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006 08:57:50 PM »

yay, i've made five so far!  Cheesy  one was for me and the rest were for swaps Smiley  these are so satisfying to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 26, 2017 Featured Projects
What's Up Girlfriend?
Tute Tuesday: Cons to Mary Janes

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...