A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
199 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big problem with SS patterns--please help!  (Read 1708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Rhys
« on: August 02, 2006 01:41:43 PM »

Hi everyone! After falling in love with SS after buying the Stitch-it-Kit, I ordered all the sets of patterns (I'm addicted) from the website. But now I'm having a major problem.

The Stitch-it-Kit had tissue paper in between each design, because some of the ink rubs off. Almost all my patterns I odered from the website (they're all folded) have rubbed off on each other, leaving lines, blobs, and superimposed images over each other. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I ruined some nice material.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to fix it? I'm so anxious to use my patterns!

Thank you for your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss April
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006 04:20:52 PM »

My patterns rubbed off on each other a little bit, but not too bad.  I used one and a couple extra lines transferred onto my material, but when I finished and washed it, those other lines disappeared.  I don't know how much this helps you if yours are really in bad shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rhys
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006 04:34:43 PM »

Thanks, April. Maybe washing will help. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006 05:30:15 AM »

I've had the same experience, and like Miss April, my extra lines washed out.

After the first time I saw this, I immeadiately put some glassine sheets inbetween all my SS patterns to prevent this from getting worse!  I had the glassine from my stamp collecting days -- I think ordinary tissue paper would probably work fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006 06:37:11 AM »

I had this prob too.  After I did it the first time ( my lines didn't wash out) I started doing my first try on a scrap piece of fabric so the extra stuff transfered on that.  Hope it helps.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rhys
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006 07:06:42 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone, I appreciate them! I'm afrraid of doing all the embroidery and not being able to get rid of the extra lines, so maybe I'll try the scrap test first. Thanks a lot! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006 02:01:46 PM »

Hey ladies,

Ulgh- it always turns my stomach when I read something like this, especially if you feel you've ruined your fabric (which is why I say in the instructions, in big 'ol letters, to TEST FIRST, please! Test first, you may save the life of a textile. Thank you.) Maybe this topic should be a sticky?

So here's what I can tell you:

experiments in our labs have reported that unnwanted pattern lines will come out with a stain stick

And, if you get a pattern sheet that looks a dookied up, send it back to us! We'll exchange it for a new one.  AND- All new patterns come with  a blank sheet to prevent that ghostly feeling.

I hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...