A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
220 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where do I even begin with digital scrapbooking?  (Read 1939 times)
Tags for this thread: digital_scrapbooking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SLBamy
« on: July 30, 2006 11:22:20 AM »

I really would like to explore the world of digital scrapbooking since I like the regular old scissors-n-paper scrapbooking so much.

The problem is I have no clue where to even begin.  What software do you ladies use? How do you start a page? 

Thanks in advance!

~Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006 12:15:09 PM »

Well, Im in procces with scrapping several pages digitaly. I just started with downloading free digital scrapping supplies (just google "free scrapbook download digital" and rummage around a bit), then I scanned several papers I already had.

I'm mostly focusing on doing 1 pg per freind, since this years book is going to include a "cast" section.

I'm doing all mine at 8.5 X11, at 400 dpi, since I intend on combineing my scrapbook with a printout of my lj, printed with lulu, and 400 dpi is their highest dpi. They also do 12x12, but i didn't know that at the start of the year, when i started.

Ive been starting with choosing the pictures, then deciding what colors remind me of that event or person, and pulling up all my papers in those colors up at once, with the photo, on photoshop. Most of the free downloads come in sets, so coordinateing is easy. Oh! and dont underestimate the fun you can have with clear overlayes, some of them can give you realy fun texture effects.

Digital is a realy good time to experiment with text to, since theres nothing to cut out or buy, just use fonts, and make it any size you want! photoshop comes with alot of fonts, and many sites have free fonts to, or free jpeg letters. Oh! and remember that with digital scrapbooking, you can CHANGE the color, contrast and brightness of any paper, ribbon, word, and so on, however you want. AND you can always press undo. All hail the great undo. Oh! and have fun with blurring edges of photos and such. and changeing contrast and color of your photos at a moments notice.

For inspiration, Id reccomend http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/ in their daily gallery post section (and they have alot of downloadable goodies)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SLBamy
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006 05:44:38 PM »

Thank you so much!  I think I'm going to start playing with it tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andiesmith
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006 12:03:56 PM »

here is a great blog:
http://hairtimestreaks.com/index.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Andie~~
bensenc
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006 07:50:38 PM »

Hi,
I've been digital scrapbooking since March & really enjoying it.

If you'd like to try software that is like using Microsoft Word or Publisher - it's acdsee Photo Editor... they have a trial download for 30 days.
http://www.acdsee.com/

and we have over 30 free kits over at oscraps.com here:
http://www.oscraps.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...