A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
256 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MELTED bead Craft-a-long!  (Read 201296 times)
Tags for this thread: melted_bead  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
summerlyn

Miracles happen, just ask the angels

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2006 06:53:33 PM »

Ohhhh.....my daughter has some of them actually, i think she might notice if i "borrowed" them though, she's only little and carries them all around the house. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2006 02:18:36 PM »

Thanks for posting this!  It's so fun.  I only bought 2 bags of beads...I didn't know how easy they would be. 

I made a plate & a candy dish.

I can't wait to get more beads...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2006 02:59:33 PM »

VERY cool! I love the rainbow one! I just don't have the patience to line the beads up all nice and organized. I am soooo impressed when people have the patience to make nice neat organized melted bead items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2006 03:30:50 PM »

VERY cool! I love the rainbow one! I just don't have the patience to line the beads up all nice and organized. I am soooo impressed when people have the patience to make nice neat organized melted bead items!

Thanks pinky!  I almost did away with the rainbow plate because I didn't have enough colors to finish the outside rows Angry

So what does everyone use their bead bowls for?  Does anyone sell them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarncookie
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2006 04:02:25 PM »

w()w. I echo pinkyK, the rainbow one is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C and you must be insanely patient. The hexagonal design is really original, too. I have been meaning to make a plate sometime, but haven't gotten around to it.  i think you could definately sell it, it would work well as a suncatcher.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look at me, I'm on TV, it makes up for the shortcomings of being poor. Now I'm in a million pieces picked up for deliberation by the people listening at home, by the people watching on the telly...
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2006 04:39:20 PM »

I'm diggin' the rainbow one as well!  It's sparkly and colorful... two of my loves.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Contact me personally:
  Personal Crafty Chat Group on Facebook
  Craft Stars Fundraiser
Bead brain
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2006 07:38:36 PM »

Here's my first attempted at melting beads. I just wanted to see how it worked.  I'm a little embarrassed after seeing all the other melted bead pieces.  Everybody's look so professional! But I guess everybody's got to start somewhere right? So here it goes..

Maybe next time I'll put a aluminum foil frame to get a nicer outline shape.
The little black dots are air bubbles.  Has anyone figured out how to prevent that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2006 08:19:41 PM »

a menorah! coolness
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Hollow Shel
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2006 11:19:26 PM »

I'm looking at this thread and the others trying to get a feel for the craft, and I was looking at the "double bowl" suggestion for melting beads, and all the other things that people are trying. I was wondering if anyone's tried forming things together by stringing them together with fishing line? or if the line would melt before the beads would start sticking together? (I'm not saying to not use a form to support the shape you're trying to mold, but as a way of keeping the beads from tumbling down over one another before they melt)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2006 01:26:40 AM »

I'm looking at this thread and the others trying to get a feel for the craft, and I was looking at the "double bowl" suggestion for melting beads, and all the other things that people are trying. I was wondering if anyone's tried forming things together by stringing them together with fishing line? or if the line would melt before the beads would start sticking together?

I started wondering this myself as I gave serious thought to just melting all my Christmas tree bead garland instead of untangling it.  Maybe if something was tied onto one end so after they'd melted enough to adhere to each other, you could pull the string out and melt it the rest of the way? I hadn't thought about using fishing line, I was just going to try with kitchen twine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...