A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Ideas - Help :D  (Read 908 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

TheFeltedOwl
« on: July 26, 2006 11:34:08 PM »

Im planning early for Christmas and am planning Alotoid Tins for a lot of people based on their passions so I have a good start at it and most of my list the people are easy because they have certain passions and interests but I have a couple I am stuck on for decorating ideas...

My brother: He's brainy, smart, so I want to use a few einstein quotes, etc but any other ideas for the decorating part? maybe a pic of a brain lol... ?

My mother in law: she doesnt have a specific passion or collect anything. Shes not really into anything either except soap operas and country music lol so I am lost on what to do for her. HOWEVER, her son (my hubbys older brother) passed away like 12 years ago and shes always saying she wants a memoir thing of him, either a poem or something so I THOUGHT about a memoir tin in his honor but am not sure on ideas for it. Got any??

Thanks all you crafty clever people Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006 10:18:52 AM »

For your brother, you could do DNA themed stuff, periodic table, physics terms or diagrams, anatomic diagrams of interior organs, computer codes, a miniature lab coat, beakers and test tubes...
The possibilities are endless.

As for your mother in law, try pictures of her son, maybe a poem that seems to fit, pictures or items of things that defined him (sports, instruments, places he loved, activities he was involved in).  It would be a nice reminder of the life he had, rather than his death.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
Clarity
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006 03:29:46 PM »

Hi,

There is a beautiful poem by Christina Rossetti "Remember me" that would go well with items for your mother-in-law re. brother in law. Also if you check out the Altoid Tin theme Swap Round 2 Gallery, there is a lovely person nicknamed "amaryllisroze" who does similar items to what you may want to make. She uses boxes mainly but the sentiment is the same. Check out her blog too.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Monsters!
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Picture Frame Tray
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...