A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Here's what happens on summer vacation!  (Read 2971 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
karynlibrarian
I finallly have a blog!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2006 04:40:29 AM »

I've been busy.  I've been making purses like crazy and doing a lot of stash busting.  I have no idea what I'm ever going to do with all these bags, but they are fun to make.  What are the Etsy rules?  Are you allowed to sell something that you make using someone else's online tutorial?  I'm just thinking out loud.

Anyhoo...here's my latest purse (and happens to be my fav, I think).  I made it using this wonderful tutorial:
http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/06/two_little_tuts.html#comment-18901830 (scroll up a little bit).  This is an awesome stash buster!!

And here's another easy peasy tote, https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52143.0

This one is going to be part of a friend's birthday present.

I've made a couple more bags, but I gave them away before I took pictures.

Does anyone have any experience selling purses on Etsy? Again, my concern is that neither pattern is mine and I don't want to cross ANY legal lines or upset anyone!  

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 11:31:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SABRINAM
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006 06:02:46 AM »

Very nice!! They look very professional!

I don't have a clue about Etsy but I wish you luck with it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caffinated Crafter

an apron-clad lawyer? The mind reels!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006 07:07:01 AM »

the patchwork purse is soooo cool! how did you finagle the lining and straps? The Jordy Tutorial?  I am in love with that bag.  i've been purchasing a ton of amy butler and sis bloom fabrics for various purse projects, and i've now got enough leftovers in my stash that can make this cute purse! i just printed out her tutorial, too.  thanks for the inspiration and post!  i love how summer weekends and holidays turn into craft days.  love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karynlibrarian
I finallly have a blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006 07:17:03 AM »

Hi Caffinated Craftster...thanks for your comments.

The quilted a-line bag is awesome....and you're right...it's a GREAT way to use up all those scraps!  It was pretty quick to whip up too!

The tutorial I linked to links to another tutorial where she describes how she does the lining and straps...and you're right, it's pretty much the same as the very famous Jordy tutorial.  The only real difference being, the bottom of the bag is not squared (does that make sense?).

I like the shape of the bag so much, I think my next project is going to be another a-line bag.

I would LOVE to see your bag when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty-kritter

I'm obsessed with crafts :oD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006 08:12:40 PM »

Cute bags!  I sell bags on Etsy and although my bags are my own patterns, they ARE similar to store bought patterns or even bags that other people make.  To be honest, most people won't be able to tell your own pattern from anyone elses or even store bought.  I wouldn't worry too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Boredom" is not in a crafter's vocabulary.

My ETSY Shop
http://sonya.etsy.com

-- ADD ME to Myspace --
http://www.myspace.com/silver_stardust
kelelana
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006 08:49:01 PM »

I too love that first bag.  I really like the combination of colors you used. It's given me an idea of what to do with all the scraps I've accumulated,  I always save them but never know what to do with them.   Smiley  I'm not too sure about Etsy rules either, but I'm sure it'll do well on there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimSecret
Paxil Princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006 08:46:44 AM »

Great bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~>Kimberly<~
mully4235
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006 02:39:38 PM »

I love that first bag.  I didn't know there was a tutorial for one!  I've been making them for a couple of months now and had to figure the pattern out on my own  Sad   But I never got it exactly the way I wanted it.  Thanks for posting the link!
Here's the one I did awhile back. https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=96352.0
My newest ones are a lot better, and have much brighter colors,  but I really love yours!  Your top opens much wider it looks like .

THIS ROCKS   Logged
karynlibrarian
I finallly have a blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006 03:38:50 PM »

I love that first bag.  I didn't know there was a tutorial for one!  I've been making them for a couple of months now and had to figure the pattern out on my own  Sad   But I never got it exactly the way I wanted it.  Thanks for posting the link!
Here's the one I did awhile back. https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=96352.0
My newest ones are a lot better, and have much brighter colors,  but I really love yours!  Your top opens much wider it looks like .

Yours looks fantastic!  I'd love to see your newer ones too!  Do you sell them?  It's a great way to use up scraps and a great excuse to buy more fabric (as if we need that!)

I'm hooked on making bags, but really, how many can I possibly use?  I'm really not that interested in selling them, I think I"m more of a collector.
What do you do with your bags?

Anyways...Thanks for your positive feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006 03:59:27 PM »

great  bags!!!   well  done!   lvoe  your  colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...