A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Housewarming party gift ideas for guests?  (Read 745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
stockholm syndrome
« on: July 19, 2006 10:16:22 AM »

So my SO and I have been remodeling and redecorating his house for a few months now and then I'm moving in this fall. We're having a small, combination bday (his)/housewarming/showing off the work we've done  Tongue party when that happens. I was thinking that I would like to make some kind of little favors for the guests that they could take when they leave. We have a certain color scheme/theme for the whole house and I was thinking I'd like the favors to maybe have something to do with that, but other than that I'm really stumped.  Huh I thought about etching a drinking glass for everyone that they could take home but that etching creme (Armor Etch) is so expensive and I've had trouble getting really good, even results from that. So I don't know.  Undecided  Oh and I don't really sew/knit/anything like that, I did just get a sewing machine from my grandma but haven't even started learning to use it yet. Other than that I suppose I could make/do a lot of things. Argh. Any ideas? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyflower
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006 05:13:42 AM »

how about getting some tiles and tile paint and painting each tile-they can be used as coasters?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stockholm syndrome
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006 09:45:07 AM »

Hey that's a very good idea, thanks  Smiley Not too expensive or difficult to do either...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbledragon
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006 12:10:46 PM »

Make/buy/decorate some mini notebooks to use as address books.  Fill in your new address, and ask guests to fill each others' in, as well! (Add a line for birthdays/anniversary dates, too!) Makes holiday cards easy?

A pack of personalized thumb-tacks (Buttons/fabrics in the color theme) or magnets.  You could do marble magnets, and use scraps of the fabrics that you used, or wallpapers, too.

Tissue paper covered tea-lights would be easy to do in your colors, and probably pretty useful (plus nice and decorative for the party.)

That's all I've got for now.  The etching cream is expensive, but wait until you've got a 40% off coupon, and then it's really reasonable.  I use stickers to get clean lines.  I also like the coaster idea, it's useful for both sexes!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...