A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 323,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
223 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unified product line?  (Read 1787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
ritabelle
« on: August 08, 2004 04:54:07 PM »

I'm toying with the idea of doing a few craft shows, and I know I need to get together an inventory of my product line, but I have so many ideas I think my booth would look disjointed with all the different things.  Not to mention it'd be easier to mass produce if my crafts were similar...  How can I keep my product line unified without stifling my creativity or creating massive boredom??  Would it be enough to have all my products fabric related? (my main craft is quilted wall hangings, but I could branch out into sewn ornaments, etc)

Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudygirls
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004 01:58:06 PM »

I'm in the same situation!  I'm doing my first shows in November and want my booth to have a boutique feel.  After much thought I really think it's better that way.  I went to a few shows recently where EVERYONE has only one item.  Or a variation of their item...if they sell paintings they also have postcards,etc.  Which made me walk right on by--I think if there are more than one type of item it will catch more people's attention.  Just like a store.  Who would want to visit a store selling only one item?  That's booooring.  In my opinon.  I wish us both luck & have fun crafting!  Besides...I get bored easily and crafting only one type of item would bore me to tears.  Gotta mix it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dahlea
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004 06:06:54 PM »

If you want to keep them all fabric related, that is a good idea. I've found it's good to have items in several price ranges-from cheap to expensive-you never know how much people want to spend, so you'll have more luck if you have a range of prices. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RedStitch
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004 09:28:16 AM »

It nice to have a variety of items, you just should think how to organize them. I have the same problem - if I just lay my hats on the table - the booth looks like a flea market. So to display them I grouped them in several groups (see my web-site). I bought 3 boards and 2 tables, so I can place each group separetly from each other. I made a sign for each group. Signs and perfect order are very helpfull!  I have some pony-tail hats. Without a sign people did  not notice them, and a signs made a big difference!

There is a helpfull way to group your items - think about them like you are making a web site. Each group on a different page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...