A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do I have to have an eyelet setter or can I use somethign else?  (Read 1712 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lovelyislacey
« on: July 15, 2006 02:00:46 PM »

I am making some luggage tags and I bought some small eyelets but I didnt know that I needed a special tool for this. I thought 2 pieces snap together or something. Anyway I dont really want to spend money on a tool that I doubt I will use again. Is there anyting else I can use in place of an eyelet setter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kdigggs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006 10:44:46 AM »

I did the EXACT same thing you did!! i thought i would be able to just snap two pieces together...i was wrong!

this is what i did:
1. punched a hole through the paper, put the eyelet in.
2. flipped the whole project over
3. found a tiny (although the size you need would probably depend on the size of the eyelet) phillips screwdriver, stuck that in the back of the eyelet, hit it lightly with a hammer to "flare" the back of the eyelet
4. pounded the back of the eyelet itself to flatten it out and hold it to the paper.

i hope that helps! i'm a bit of a scrapbook renegade and i don't buy into the fact that you need all those little pink "tools"...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some women follow their dreams. Others mercilessly chase them down until they catch them.

http://kdigggs.blogspot.com/
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! [email protected]

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006 10:50:41 AM »

I  have the tool adn  have  yet  been able to  make  it  smash the  littl e eyelet  so  it  would  be  useable.... hammer and screw driver  works  everytime..... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...