A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The best brownies ever! made with Zucchini's - Updated  (Read 7855 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , brownie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jennickell
« on: July 12, 2006 06:16:45 PM »

Update: It is summer time and at least in my part of the word there have been some just wornderful farmers markets and road side stands. I got some beautiful zucchini and squash. Also, someone pointed this out the last time I posted it, this recipe is vegan by defaut. So everyone pick up some fresh home grown vegatables and see what kind of desserts you can  come up with

So doesn't that make them somewhat good for you , since it has vegetables in them. I will just keep telling my self that as I keep eating them. I brought back from Iowa some of the most beautiful zucchini my sister grew (yes, I smuggled about 10 lbs of zucchini in my carry on bag on the airplane), the zucchini I tried to grow here in Oklahoma was ugly, mis-shaped and now due to the 100 degree heat, wont grow anymore. So anyways I found this recipe, and they turned out great. Here ya go:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups Zucchini (peeled and shredded)
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 6 ingredients with a mixer for two minutes. Add Zucchini and flour 1 cup at a time alternately (1 cup flour, then 1 cup zucchini, repeat). Mix very well. Pour into a jelly roll pan (for thinner brownies) or a baking pan (for thicker ones). Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on how thin you have them).

I also added a cup of chocolate chips and some pecans. Possibilities are endless, walnuts, M&M's, coconut, go crazy!

(Bump)
Update: I got some beautiful Zuccnini at the local farmers market over on Sat and just had to make another batch of these brownies (my boys Grandpa came over and Kris (my son) said "Hey Grandpa, try one of moms zucchini brownies" to which he replied "Eww, but OK I'll try one" and when I came home the entire pan was gone, so I take it he liked them. I made two more batches, 1 for the boys to eat and the 2nd to take to work since i kinda sorta forgot my bosses birthday (his wife has been giving him a hard time about what he eats, so If I bring in a dessert with a vegatable as the main ingredidnet,he can say "yes honey I at some vegetables today (but just not tell her they were in a brownie)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007 08:51:37 PM by Jennickell » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Apolla
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006 06:29:24 PM »

Sounds good!

Another health advantage is that the fat in the recipe is oil and not butter. You can use light olive oil to make it even healthier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allie-loki
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006 06:39:58 PM »

and vegan by default. ill have to try this next time i have a reason to bake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heathurr
rah, rah replica!

my god, she looked just like me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006 06:41:51 PM »

this is such a wonderful recipe!  i have access to at least three friends' different gardens, and they practically beg me to take zucchini home all of the time.  plus, none of us have had much success with making vegan brownies.  this recipe will come in handy.  thanks for posting it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006 09:31:50 PM »

Sounds good!

Another health advantage is that the fat in the recipe is oil and not butter. You can use light olive oil to make it even healthier.

You could also subsitute unsweetened applesauce for some or all of the oil. That would be even better. I've never had any luck with olive oil in sweet things [even when using light olive oil], they always taste faintly of olives [not something I want in my brownies]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Jennickell
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006 07:59:08 AM »

I thought about that this morning that this is a perfect vegan recipe, since there are no eggs or butter. The Zucchini makes them super moist and just perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klemmydia
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006 11:13:21 AM »

those sound absolutely delicious.
my firned  ade bread with zucchini in it. it was so tasty<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyVallieres
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006 11:19:26 AM »

I made these this past weekend... they were sooooo good.... everyone loved them.  they were so moist and delicious... I ended up adding a cup of chocolate chips like you suggested.  AMAZING!

the only question i have is... once they were baked did you have little flakes of zucchini on top?  the middle was fine and looked like a normal brownie, but the top looked like there was coconut on the top... 

even so, they were really good and I'm going to make them again this weekend for a camping trip...  thank you so much for such a great recipe, Jennickell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You cant change what you dont acknowledge.
Jennickell
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006 01:19:32 PM »

Hmmm, I didnt notice that when I made mine, and I made 4 seperate batches, I am not sure what would have caused that. My sister suggested instead of shreading the zucchini (which I did by hand on an old fashioned cheese grater) to chop them in the food processor. Then maybe you you wont have the long strings, but more like a fine mush.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006 01:23:33 PM »

Wow! These sound tasty! I love zucchini bread so I'll bet these are great! I also love chipotle brownies. Hmmm... Zucchini Chipotle Brownies? yum!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...