A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 319,191
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy knitted booties  (Read 3521 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006 10:36:07 AM »

Your link doesn't work because the name of the picture has no .jpg extension.
Gr,
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiaBlaze
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006 03:18:47 PM »

Got it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pama0101
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006 03:23:25 PM »

Those are so cute MiaBlaze!  And with all of the people I know that are having babies, they would be the perfect gift.  So please, please post a tute! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006 03:31:06 PM »

Aww so cute!! I love the colour & the way the ribbon loops through. My friend is about to have her 1st any day now so I'd love if you could share a tute?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006 03:37:25 PM »

oooh pattern?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiaBlaze
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006 08:28:53 PM »

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Easy knitted booties...

(List of needs: needles, 1 skien of yarn, 3 stitch holders, ribbon, and somehow to count rows- trust me, don't skip this one!)

I use worsted weight with size 7 needles or sport weight with size 8 needles. Depending on how loose you knit, these could fit a toddler or an infant.

Cast on 16 stitches (You'll be starting at the top- at the band around the ankle- the part that rolls down)

rows 1-3 k2/p2 ribbing
rows 4-10 k
row 11 (the row for the ribbon) k1, yo, k2together, yo (repeat until 1 stitch remains- knit it)
row12 (begin dividing) k6, put onto a stitch holder marked #1, k5 more stitches, leave them on the needle, place the remaining 5 on a stitch holder marked #2 (you did not knit these, they are still row 11)
row 13 (there are 5 stitches on the needle now) k12 rows... now, place these stitches on stitch holder #3.
Cut the yarn- leaving a 16" tail or longer

Here's the only complicated part. Right now, your bootie looks a little odd... kind of like an upside down "T". The cross bar of the "T" are the sides and top, the vertical part is the part of the bootie that is on the top of the foot. You're going to stitch combining these now. It gets tight, I'm warning you, but it'll work out in the end.

Now, pick up the stitches from holder #2. You will pick these up with the tip facing to the OUTSIDE of the bootie (not towards the "T"). Join a strand of yarn and knit these stitches.

With the 6 you just stitched, you will keep the needles in the same hands - now pick up 6 stitches from the SIDE of the vertical part of the "T" with your empty needle. Knit these 6. At this point, it should be awkward and tight... keep going!

Slide the stitches from holder #3 onto your needle and stitch these now.

Pick up 6 stitches with your empty needle from the OTHER SIDE of the vertical part of the "T". Knit these 6. (You should see the toe part lumping a bit, now).

Slide the stitches from holder #1 onto your free needle. Knit these.

knit 4 more rows.
Bind off loosely.

Use the tail as well as the tail from cutting your yarn earlier to sew up the back of the bootie.

So- this is the top, and sides that you've just completed. Let's do the sole now...

Cast on 4 stitches (starting with the heel)
Rows 1-8 knit
Row 9 k2, increase 1, knit 1 (now you have 5 stitches)
Row 10 knit
Row 11 k2 increase 1, knit 2
Row 12 knit
Row 13 knit 3, increase 1, knit 2 (you should have 7 stitches here)
Row 14-18 knit

bind off, leaving a long (like, 30") tail at the end. Use this tail to sew the sole to the bottom of the bootie.

Now, look for the ol' Row 11- the one for the ribbon. It should be pretty obvious, as it looks holey! Take ribbon and weave it through this row, ending both ends at the front so you can tie a bow. (I usually seal the ends somehow so they don't fray).

Roll over the top!

So- the first one I did of these was difficult. The second was GREAT! Now I have these things down pat!

HINT: knit LOOSELY! This helps when your at the toe part- that gets tough quickly!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sunshine,

Hey, What a beautiful mess this is.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006 07:47:19 PM »

maybe i'll try to make a pair for my "almost here" neice or nephew
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...