A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
278 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postcard Purse?  (Read 1246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

gypsyheart
« on: July 09, 2006 04:57:45 PM »

I've travelled alot and have many postcards.Any ideas on how to make a cool purse or bag out of them?I don't have a sewing machine,but can borow one and I'm also not that great at sewing.Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
germie
Cuts things to sew them back together

Smile. You don't know who's watching...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006 05:08:20 PM »

I would sew them between two pieces of vinyl and use those to make a basic square-bottomed bag. Does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All it takes is a new bag to make a girl smile, and one smile can change the world.
gypsyheart
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 06:26:30 AM »

Thanks,that's the look I was thinking of having in the end.I just have to figure out where to get some clear vinyl and sew them.Can I get it at most craft shops?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006 06:27:55 AM »

Thanks,that's the look I was thinking of having in the end.I just have to figure out where to get some clear vinyl and sew them.Can I get it at most craft shops?

The Joann's in my town has it on a roll in the back of the store. Back with the home decorator fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TribalDancer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006 11:57:29 AM »

You could laminate them in a heavy laminate, punch holes in the corners, and put four together in a square (one four-card square per side) with jump rings. Then stitch them to the outside of a regular canvas bag...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006 07:35:52 PM »

You can also get the plastic at Walmart (it's in the fabric department on a roll with tablecloth like fabrics).  If you have a lot of postcards, you can always make pockets with they vinyl so you can slip the postcards in and out as you like.  That would also help preserve the postcards incase you wanted to use them for something else later on down the road.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blackbags
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006 01:42:02 AM »

These are all great ideas! I have vintage postcards from my hometown and what a great gift this would be for my mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing". - Dale Carnegie
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Rhumba Earrings
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Key Wristlet and Dog Leash
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018:

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...