A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
218 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue Pattern V8015...Help!  (Read 933 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
Offline Offline

Posts: 124
Joined: 22-Apr-2006

extraordinarily stephanie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 08, 2006 11:05:24 PM »

I'm making the pink bag for my cat:

and i'm looking everywhere for a few things that i can't find.
- fusible interfacing (hair canvas)
- paper chips what are these?
- nylon screening
- plastic canvas at 15.75" x 15.75"

if anyone could help me that would be awesome. if any of you have any of these things, i have a ton of fabric that i could swap with you for these.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006 11:44:49 PM »

fusible interfacing you can find at any fabric store (or walmart). it's usually kept under the cutting tables. i've seen some stores that have nylon netting - ask the sales associate. if not, reuse something. as for the paper chips, my GUESS would be that they are put in the bottom of the bag to make it comfortable/practical if your kitten decides he needs a potty break? look in the sewing instructions and see where they're supposed to be put in, that should give you some clue as to what they are or what you can substitute in for them. same goes for the plastic canvas - it's just fabric. use the instructions to figure out what it's used for, then you can get a better idea what to get.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006 11:53:36 PM »

Plasic Canvas is a stiff plastic with holes in it and is normally used in the bottom of bags to make them sturdy. We sell it at my work so pm me if you want me to send you some. As for the nylon screening, they sell it at hardware shops. It is like fly screen only soft. It is used at the front of the bag so that your pets can see out and breath but not escape. Fusible interfacing i can also send you if need be. Paper chips, i have no idea! I hope i have been helpful though!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page
Magic and Luck
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Pasta Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2018, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.