A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
304 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seeking advice on how to display my products!  (Read 2051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
HeatherV
« on: August 05, 2004 07:47:49 AM »

Hi!  I'm going to be setting up a booth for the first time at Eastern Market in Washington DC this Sunday.  I sell handmade ribbon belts and other accessories.  Would you guys mind taking a look at my things and giving me ideas for how to display them??  Currently, my plan is to have a card table (where can I purchase one?  I tried Target and no-go) with a pretty tablecloth and flowers.  I have several baskets which I have put things in (you can see them on the website) but I'm worried that they will be lying flat on the table and therefore, not eye-catching enough.   Any ideas?

I appreciate it!

Thanks!
http://www.sassy-girl-designs.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serendipity
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004 10:11:31 AM »

Hrmm... for the belts, maybe you could make some sort of cylindrical "dummy" to model them? It wouldn't need to be human shaped or even as wide as a human waist, but you could tighten the belts around it and get some of the belts up more at eye-level.

For the bags, you could try pegboard with hooks. I've asked my husband to make me a folding screen from 3-5 panels of pegboard for my display. I don't think it will cost that much -- basically just some pegboard, hinges, and hooks.

The keyrings... Maybe make a little t-bar out of wooden dowels?

I like your basket display for the burp cloths, but maybe add some sort of baby-related signage to more clearly indicate what they're for?

And I'm not sure how to display the napkin rings without implying that the napkins are included in the price... I'll keep brainstorming.

ETA: Try target.com for card tables and there's a code floating around somewhere for 10% off. You could also try Walmart, Kmart, or Costco/Sam's club type places.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004 10:17:08 AM by Serendipity » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeatherV
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004 08:46:15 AM »

Thanks so much for the tips!  I like the peg board idea and saw it at a craft fair this weekend.
What I saw was more like a wire form folding wall type thing that sits on a table.  I wonder where I can get that? 

I found a table at KMART that was really cheap - $30 for a 60x30# table.

Heather
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007 09:28:06 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004 10:39:29 AM »

Your stuff is adorable!  Y'know, rather than a card table, consider all the great summer plastic tables that are now on clearance. We got a big round one (with removable legs) for like $10. Round is good b/c people can walk around it!

I think you should display the belts on the table AND get a bunch of curtain clips and have various belts hanging from rods all around the booth. It will look like a "belt curtain" and be very colorful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
simply
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004 11:19:51 AM »

for the napkin rings why not just show 1 with a napkin, and place it next to the one's for sale? you would only need 1 for a visual anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...