A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: franken-quilt... when t-shirts go mad [lots of pictures]  (Read 1960 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

emisaurus
« on: July 08, 2006 12:13:56 AM »

so heres the creation that caused all of the https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105662.0 chaos
i saw these all over the livejournal community im in (one of many, but this one is http://community.livejournal.com/t_shirt_surgery/)
and was destine to make one of my own... of course i wasnt planning for it to turn out so large.
alot of my shirts were my ones used specifically only for marching band/pjs, and since i made this after the season, and i have no more fall season (i is a kollidge studint now) i used those shirts to add to my beastly quilt
i hacked 13 inch squares out of 18 different t-shirts, and utilized both front and back of them
since i didnt like the plain square look, i took my googling skills, and looked up stencils, pictures to trace, pumpkin carving patterns and much more just for ideas.  from there, i used the handy exacto knife, cut what i needed, decorated to my likings, freestyled some, until i got my end result.
the middle row was my favorite (hence why it was splitting middle... lol) containing my love for the band fall out boy on all the painted sqares. hee hee (yes, im a nerd).  the back of each of the squares was reinforced by a block of fusable interfacing. because my mom told me to. hah.
i fell in love with the flannel stuff i used for the back.  reminds me of those popsicles i got when i was like... 8...
sooo... heres pictures.  enjoy!

p.s. that black square with the heart is a break dancer, incase you couldnt tell... and then the middle one (on teal) is pete wentz and patrick stump the white with orange and green is clandestine's bartskull
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancedupapillon
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006 05:37:21 PM »

THAT IS SO COOOOOOOL!  Wow!  I should get me a bunch of graphic ts to cut up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
zenochka
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006 10:14:44 AM »

Looks great!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006 06:15:19 AM »

What a great keepsake!  I love it!  You did a great job arranging all the colors, and I love the edge -- is that the same fabric you used on the back?

I get really jealous whenever I see one of these t-shirt quilts.  About 7-8 years ago, I got rid of a bunch of old t-shirts that I was hanging onto for sentimental reasons -- they no longer fit.  One of these quilts would have been perfect.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emisaurus
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006 10:42:05 AM »

is that the same fabric you used on the back?

yep, same fabric
in all its popsicle looking goodness...
lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat
They Only Love You For Your Brain
Meatless Monday: Creamy Spinach and Potato Baked Eggs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...