A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 314,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Girls Shorts to Cute Purse *photos!*  (Read 2186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

darkladymajesta
« on: June 30, 2006 02:18:51 PM »

OK, so this is my first purse and sewing project that I have done since 7th grade (I graduated this June) so please no harsh comments. But so far I have seen only nhice comments here on craftster, so I am not afraid. That and I have gotten alot of comments about it  Grin So without further babble here is my purse.

The idea of this purse is the same as all of the jean purses out there. I made this one, had no fabric to line it with and made two other jean purses, this is the only purse that is completed at the moment. The others need little touches here and there, so I am just showing this adorable one off. The lining fabric was so fun that I had to buy it! It was on sale, my favorite type of fabric  Cool

I had a slight problem with the straps because I didn't have legs to use (they were shorts) so I just grabbed the hem off of each one and sewed them together then to the bag. I am not to happy with the sewing (its difficult for me to sew a straight line, but I am getting better!) or the zigzag stitching that attatched the lining to the outsides.

The button and zipper still work, I didnt even mess with anything on the pockets or the original waist.

Girly Shorts (.66, bought at thriftstore) + Clearanced Fabric ( 1.00$ per yd divided by 4 = .25) + Random ribbon and sewing thread (all of which I already owned its free!) = Cute girly bag + lots of compliments for only .91 cents! Now thats my kind of fashion.

Please tell me what you crafty brains think!

P.S. This is my first post with images & my first posted project
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006 05:26:54 PM »

Amazing! I would never have guess this was your first try. I love love love the shorts fabric!! And the inside is quite bright...my favorite! I could definatly see myself carrying it around. Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
CrazeeMoi
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006 06:58:06 PM »

Its looks pretty goooooooooood to me!!    Keep on sewinnnnnnnnnng!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006 07:53:38 PM »

Amazing! I would never have guess this was your first try. I love love love the shorts fabric!! And the inside is quite bright...my favorite! I could definatly see myself carrying it around. Awesome job!

Thank you, I have definately been in to bright colors lately, and these shorts were just dying to be made into a purse. I have been inspired alot by those here at craftster and just had to break out the sewing machine and get it going.

Its looks pretty goooooooooood to me!!    Keep on sewinnnnnnnnnng!!

Thanks! Ill definately keep on sewing, as long as the fabric doesn't get to expensive to learn on. I am going from slightly bored high school student to a very poor college student. But thrift stores have become my best friends. I didn't even know that they had a "material" section until I was looking for some sheets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006 09:32:19 PM »

Being a poor college student myself I also have to stick to the bargain stuff....but some of my really good ideas come from them! haha just remember some of the best stuff is cheap or free! And it fun making all your college friends jealous cause you have the coolest stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
funkyandfried
Inertia is a property of matter.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006 04:28:26 PM »

Oh jeez. I just got the coolest idea.

You can attach a pocket to the zipper!! Pop a pocket in and sew around and you got a hidden and secure pocket for your mp3, cell, whatever. Ha. Wouldn't it be cool if you stuck your hand down "your pants" to get your phone? Or if there was a headphone cord coming out of the crotch? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

early to bed and early to rise, and you'll meet few of our best people.
darkladymajesta
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006 11:26:34 AM »

Being a poor college student myself I also have to stick to the bargain stuff....but some of my really good ideas come from them! haha just remember some of the best stuff is cheap or free! And it fun making all your college friends jealous cause you have the coolest stuff!

Yeah, I am planning on crafting alot of my stuff for my dorm room. Im really excited about it too! Especially since I can leave most of my crafting stuff at home and switch out when need be. (I only live 15 min away from my college of choice) I am also trying to help my boyfriend with the bargain hunting mind set, he just got his own apartment!

Oh jeez. I just got the coolest idea.

You can attach a pocket to the zipper!! Pop a pocket in and sew around and you got a hidden and secure pocket for your mp3, cell, whatever. Ha. Wouldn't it be cool if you stuck your hand down "your pants" to get your phone? Or if there was a headphone cord coming out of the crotch? Cheesy

At first I thought you ment the zipper of the purse itself, which is just what happened, there is a hole from the zipper where the lining is and I couldn't sew over the zipper, so my phone and other personal items can fit in it! Then I got what you were saying and couldnt stop laughing!! I just imagined the ipod commercials, except all you see is the crazy dancing idiot with a wire coming from their crotch!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweet fancy moses

Jeff don't wear regular shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006 01:24:23 PM »

adorable. i like the functional transformation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think vintage soup with extra noodles.
funkyandfried
Inertia is a property of matter.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006 07:17:28 PM »

At first I thought you ment the zipper of the purse itself, which is just what happened, there is a hole from the zipper where the lining is and I couldn't sew over the zipper, so my phone and other personal items can fit in it! Then I got what you were saying and couldnt stop laughing!! I just imagined the ipod commercials, except all you see is the crazy dancing idiot with a wire coming from their crotch!  Cheesy

I meant the pre-made crotch zipper from the shorts. LOL They're all boogie-ing and dancing and listening to their crotch!!  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

early to bed and early to rise, and you'll meet few of our best people.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...