A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,844
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boston Folk Festival is looking for craft/food vendors!  (Read 1056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2006 11:36:17 AM »

Hey guys, I work for WUMB which hosts the Boston Folk Festival every year.  This year I am in charge of vendors.

We are looking for artisan crafters and food vendors.  Things like, handspun yarns, handmade clothing, misc. crafts,  jewelry are all things I would love to have at this years festival. Maybe someone would want to do some kind of crafty show and tell, that would be awesome.

And if you or someone you know does food vending at faires and other festivals, I would love to see an application from them as well.  Especially things that arnt like "hot dog, sausage and pizza" type, maybe vegan or international?  Though I would not object to a good hot dog or hamburger Grin

You don't need to be from Massachusetts either, you don't even need to be from New England.  As long as you are willing to come into Boston for the two day festival, you are welcomed to apply.

The Festival is the 16th and 17th of September, so its two whole days of vending, and being outside and listening to good folk music.

If you would like to apply, please go to http://www.bostonfolkfestival.org/vendors.html and download the application.  If you have any questions about it, you can PM me!

(I hope this is in the right thread, if someone can think of a better place to put this, let me know and I will move it!)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006 11:38:56 AM by Gestalta_Sara » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radegund
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006 01:31:42 PM »

I've wondered about getting a booth at a craft festival, which I have never done before, but was always put off by the price. Do vendors ever split spaces between them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gestalta_Sara

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006 09:59:44 PM »

I've wondered about getting a booth at a craft festival, which I have never done before, but was always put off by the price. Do vendors ever split spaces between them?

I dont think I have seen a vendor split a space before, but I honestly dont see a reason why you couldnt.  You buy the space, you should be able to do what you want with it.  I think if you were to try and do that, someone would buy the space and have it under their name, and then just split it with someone as opposed to just buying half of a space.  I dont think we can sell half of a space.

Its 250 for the entire weekend at the Boston Folk Festival.  I dont know much about craft fair prices, but there is something like 10,000 people (I think) at the festival during the entire weekend, so its pretty good exposure at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyjunkdesigns
Private Jewelry Making Classes Available-Chain & Maille A Specialty

this is made from a bicycle innertube!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006 02:30:48 PM »

How are you allocating vendor percentages?  For 10,000 visitors, the price for a booth, where you provide nothing, is actually quite high.  I would hate to be a jewelry vendor, and find that out of 100 vendors, 20 are jewelry artists.  I'd hate to be a photographer and find that there are 3 other photographers.

I just took a quick look at the application (I don't do craft fairs but am always interested in pricing, as I coach artists in marketing, as well as having my own arts businesses) and I don't see that you are requiring any jurying, or limiting types of vendors.

FJD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently Retired Items are now Jewelry...We Support Various Charities!
http://recentlyre-tired.blogspot.com/
Gestalta_Sara

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006 03:21:11 PM »

well that all happens after the deadline.

There are never more than 2 of any type of vendor.  we do eliminate, not everyone who applys gets in.  that would be silly!

It doesnt say that on the application because we dont want to discourage people from applying.  If it said only 1 photographer or jeweler will make it in, I dont think many would apply in the first place.

the thing about vending at the folk fest, is that people are there to buy basically.  There are minor performances throughout the day, but there are children and adults who are there all day just buying.

Often times we have vendors who actually make this festival their main festival because of the exposure they get.

I suppose its kind of hard to understand if you have never been there.  but we dont like screw anyone over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Elf on a Shelf Tutu
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...