This swap is now offically finished.
Swap name: Altoid tin theme swap Round 2
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: qazicat
Sign-up date range: June 22 to July 7
Date to send item by: July 21
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages - parental permission required if under 16
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES
Details of swap:
Here's the deal. You will be given five theme ideas from your partner. You will choose one of those ideas, and re-con an Altoid tin according to the theme. (If you are unable to find an actual Altoid tin, you may use a substitute, provided you keep the size to anything smaller than 4" x 4" (10 cm x 10 cm), and not thicker than 1" (3 cm).) They don't have to be square or rectangular, I've seen some cool round tins. After the tin is decorated, you will fill the tin with tiny objects that also relate to the theme.
For example, if your partner chose "red" as a theme, you would decorate the box to reflect "red". It could just be different shades of red, or perhaps pictures of red items (roses, cherries, or firetrucks, etc.). Then, you decorate the interior of the box and fill it with red things...maybe a pair of red earrings, a red purse charm, some red hots...whatever "red" means to you. The catch is that you can only send the decorated tin and whatever fits into it. Nothing else! This will be a quick, fun swap. Also, if you are feeling frisky and you want to do two tins, you may request two partners. It's up to you.
There are some rules, though.
1. You MUST post in this thread so we can communicate with you easily. A simply "I'm in" will suffice.
2. You MUST get a DC number (US only), or it will be noted in your feedback. If you are shipping internationally please keep your receipt and take note of the customs number.
3. You MUST send on time and pm me with the DC number, OR communicate with me that you will be late. Do not make me have to ask you whether or not you have shipped. Poor communication will also be noted in your feedback.
4. All PMs MUST have Altoid tin theme swap Round 2 in the subject line (I get a lot of PMs and it gets confusing)
5. Last but not least...NO FLAKING! This is a relatively short turn around time, so make sure you have the time to commit and do a good job for your partner. It the timing doesn't work for you, please sit this one out. Wait for the next round.
Link to gallery for the first round: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80409.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Altoid tin theme swap Round 2
Your real name
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US/ your own country?
Do you want 1 or 2 swap partners?
least liked colours:
What 5 themes would you like to receive? Please indicate if they are in order of preference or if you just wish to be surprised.
*Do you want a second partner?
If so, do you want to post a second theme list to avoid duplicates? (Not required)
Are there any little items you would NOT want? (i.e. if you don't have pierced ears, you will probably not want post earrings!)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANISER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
googoojue (1) - new swapper
magdelena_go (1) - new swapper
Gallery link: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106249.0This swap is now offically finished.