A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 319,831
Currently Running With Scissors:
130 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amish Puzzle Ball Pincushion from Swap - Tut  (Read 125992 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Elphelba
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006 11:36:06 AM »

I never thought I would need a pincusion...now I think I have to have one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006 11:41:08 AM »

Hmm, I just asked my hubby if he could teach me to handsew. He doesn't know it yet, but I want to learn. Just so I can try to make one of these! lol How sad is that Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006 11:46:41 AM »

Hmm, I just asked my hubby if he could teach me to handsew. He doesn't know it yet, but I want to learn. Just so I can try to make one of these! lol How sad is that Wink

I don't think it's sad at all!  These turn out beautiful!  I think I'll be on a roll making them for a spell now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006 12:02:08 PM »

I hope I can do the handsewing. Last time I tried, my hands hurt so bad I had to quit. But then, I was just trying on my own, without really knowing what I was supposed to do. I'm hoping that with his help, I can learn to do it properly, without the pain. I really want to make these

By the by, what's the copyright with these things??? Would it be ok to sell these, since it appears to be so old?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006 12:21:20 PM »

I don't think there are or ever were copyrights on these??  They are very old & were a craft when my grand & great grandmothers were crafting.  I may be wrong...so someone smack me if I am.

Hope not!  Wink  I sold two to friends since I made the purple one.

I machine-sewed most of mine, 'cept for the closures & where the arm/wedges all come together.  Depends on what size you are making, I suppose.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006 12:34:17 PM »

I haven't got room for a sewingmachine Sad so I'm stuck with handsewing, or no sewing lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006 12:43:34 PM »

I haven't got room for a sewingmachine Sad so I'm stuck with handsewing, or no sewing lol

Ahhh... Smiley  Well, do some finger/hand stretches before you try anything, then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006 12:49:35 PM »

do you have any little tricks or photos on how you get the 4 corners together?  I mean, I can do it, but mine always take *ages* cos I want to get them just right, and they take forever.

Am I supposed to be pushing one or two triangles inside the others? That's what I've been doing, but I'm not sure if it's right
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006 12:59:24 PM »

not a bad tip, thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006 01:09:06 PM »

do you have any little tricks or photos on how you get the 4 corners together?  I mean, I can do it, but mine always take *ages* cos I want to get them just right, and they take forever.

Am I supposed to be pushing one or two triangles inside the others? That's what I've been doing, but I'm not sure if it's right

Hmm... No, don't push them inside one another.

Look at this pic (below).  You'll take two of your triangles (formed from three arms/wedges sew together - you should have for of the triangle sets there, yes?) and sew them together (sit them flat together, don't push them inside each other).

Look at the pic like this... on the left side there is one triangle & on the right there is another.  It's probably kinda hard to see unless you tilt your head & squint (like one of those 3D pictures...tee hee!)

You will need to stitch the wedge circles together so that the points of 4 wedges come together. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...