A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 311,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty People in CT: Do you exist???  (Read 12534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007 06:52:17 AM »

If i understnad CT correctly I'm sorta in the center - bristol.
Bristol is very much in the center, that's where I'm from. What part of Bristol are you in/ what crafts do you do?
I'm right off route six - near starbucks/stop and shop. I walk to that plaza all the time!
I knit/sew/bake....yup!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverrose43
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007 12:36:33 PM »

I live in Norwich in southeastern connecticut. there seems to be no other crafty people in this area of the state. I like to make jewelry and sew and I'm trying to learn to crochet. I wish i could find some other crafty people, most people haven't even heard of where I live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristin
MatteasMama
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007 06:41:50 AM »

This is so funny because I've been thinking the same thing for so long! Well apparently we exist we just don't know each other....lol! Maybe we can have a meet up or something?

I'm Rebecca, I'm 22 and I do just about everything...I sew, crochet, screen print, stencil...I'm a geek :p I also have a 10 month old little girl and my favorite thing to do is make things for her! Oh and I'm about to venture into jewlery too...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007 06:42:38 AM by MatteasMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MatteasMama
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007 06:43:41 AM »

I live in Norwich in southeastern connecticut. there seems to be no other crafty people in this area of the state. I like to make jewelry and sew and I'm trying to learn to crochet. I wish i could find some other crafty people, most people haven't even heard of where I live.
I've heard of it! I used to work in Norwich actually...it's a bit of a trek for me but if you want to maybe meet up sometime PM me! I'm dying to meet other creative people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007 02:48:43 PM »

does anyone here go to the starbucks in bristol (on route six) knit -night? I went there on tuesday and I felt odd. I'm young and they were all older, I went with some friends, and we sat in our own little circle. I felt unwelcome...Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007 08:53:28 PM »

I would if I weren't in Massachusetts for school. Maybe during winter break I can go to a couple and meet you there? I'd love to know someone else my age who knits
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007 12:12:24 PM »

that'd be great - I think for the next few weeks, though me and my knitting friends will alternate houses, but we can come to starbucks when you are there - just let me know the date!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

editorgrrl
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007 01:17:59 PM »

There are 200-ish crafty people in Connecticut on the Nutmeg Knitters group at Ravelry.com:
http://www.ravelry.com/groups/nutmeg-knitters.

(Ravelry's still in beta, but you can sign up for the waiting list.)

Edited to add that as of January 18, 2008, Nutmeg Knitters has 307 members -- and Ravelry isn't even open to the public yet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008 11:37:22 AM by editorgrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

freckles81
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008 05:20:19 PM »

I'm 26 and I live in Vernon, unfortunately it's quite a haul from Norwalk. I don't know if I'd consider myself an all out crafty person because I haven't made anything in awhile. But I'm definitely a crafty admirer and could spend all day browsing etcy.com. I usually make things with the help of my aunt and haven't been brave enough to do anything on my own. So if I had someone to help me I'd be good to go. I'm interested in sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
editorgrrl
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008 11:41:59 AM »

Freckles81, don't miss the Connecticut Sheep & Wool Festival the last Saturday in April at the Tolland Agricultural Center in Rockville:
http://www.ctsheep.org

PS. There are groups closer to you than Norwalk. I link to all the Connecticut groups I know about at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnB_NewHaven.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...