A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,284
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Visiting Boston  (Read 1273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

missystuhff
« on: June 19, 2006 01:19:53 PM »

Hey All,
I will be in Boston June 30th-July5th (I wouldn't ususally be there on such a touristy weekend, but my university band is coming in to play at a convention) ... anywho, we have some free time and I was wondering where I needed to go to find the best stores and/or any  events going on around then... I have been to Boston before (my fav. city, I hope to live there when I am finally finished with school) so I am not afraid to travel a little. Any help would be appreciated!
Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.    L.M. Alcott
tinydoom

*one of the ladies*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006 01:26:22 PM »

I would reccomend jumping on theT, and taking the red line ($1.25 fare) to Davis Square.  That's where Magpie is, along with lots of other cool stores and resturants ( All different typs of food, an independent movie house, a super cool comic shop, which is right near Magpie, ice cream, independent coffee shops).  It's a really fun area to hang out in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saveaquarter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006 06:18:51 PM »

There's a little hole in the wall store on newbury street called the gargoyle store. If you can find it, it's absolutely wonderful. It's about halfway between CVS and the fairy store, on the same side. Porter square is worth a visit if you're into Japanese food, when you get off that stop at the T (right after Harvard) and go left, there's a secret little haven of Japanese restaurants, shops, and a grocery store in the mall there. I think there's a sign for either a gym or the Gap there. Possibly both. Eat at Fire and Ice. There's one in Harvard Square and one in the back bay. If you go to the one in Harvard Square, once you're done, ask for directions to Finale for dessert! I can get myself to all these places fine, but when it comes to giving directions to them, I'm crap! Sorry  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006 12:06:37 PM »

Yeah! Come to Magpie on the redline subway! While you're in Davis Square you can go to a great used book store called McIntyre & Moore and to Spark Craft Studios and have yummy indian food at Diva.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
missystuhff
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006 07:48:14 PM »

Thanks for all of the tips, I will definatly be heading towards magpie..I can't wait to be in a real city.. wahoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.    L.M. Alcott
Quincy134
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006 04:33:21 AM »

I would also third the recommendation for Davis Square.  I'm also a fan of Coolidge Corner (it's on the green line of the subway, which is the slow subway line, but if you're out that way anyway it's cool).  It's in Brookline, which is a heavily Jewish community right next to Boston.  There are a couple book stores, an independent movie theater, a comic book store, a great pizza place, and several interesting Kosher restaurants.  It's also the place to find interesting Judaica.  If you keep walking towards Brookline Village, there is a very nice yarn store too, A Good Yarn.  http://www.agoodyarn.biz/

Hope you enjoy your trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...