A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: questions about prices, etc. (i need input!!!)  (Read 891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ilovegenewilder
chair pirate yo!

harry potter release party.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2004 09:16:21 PM »

I just finished my website and I have a few questions...

First of all, what is a good flat rate for shipping charges? Everything currently on my site is under $12 and I'm planning to ship only within the U.S. If someone knows what they're talking about (since I don't) and can advise me, that'd be great.

Also, is it a good idea to charge tax? I know paypal offers to automatically charge for me, but it doesn't seem necessary.

the last thing I can think of for now is if my geocities website will work for this. It has such pathetically low bandwidth, if I refresh the page 8 times in an hour it has to restore the site.
Is it a good idea to invest in a website deal with more bandwidth? Is it possible I could get so much traffic that my website would tell all the visitors it had to be restored?

i really hope someone takes the time to read all that and answer. Thanks a ton to whoever does! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006 05:35:32 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I write songs!!! http://www.myspace.com/myfutureself

please listen =]
april_cocaine
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004 01:23:23 AM »

if you're looking for a free host, try angeltowns.com. it's free and has loads of bandwith space.
then, just use dot.tk to give yourself a short re-directing url.

Can't help with shipping charges though, i'm in the UK. What I do with my shipipng charges is simply include them in the price.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stajdaml
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004 09:15:48 PM »

the easiest thing to do is to go to your post office, or to USPS.com to figure out shipping. maybe configure a mock package and have it weighed and priced at the post office. or if you have a scale than can weigh ounces, you can figure all your costs at home. USPS charges by the ounce, i believe.
and with the taxes, you really do have to charge tax according to your states laws. it's really simple with paypal, and it could save you alot of possible hassle in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

april fool
-handmade bags and accessories-
http://www.iloveaprilfool.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...