A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 313,851
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beginner Applique Quilt-Block-of-the-Month  (Read 14291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006 07:27:11 PM »

shooting star,

there is a link on the HGTV site about it (the link in the original post).  i think it is on the bottom of the page.  but the directions for each block are written so that you don't really need to know anything about it.  its written pretty well.  heck, even i understood it!

ok i finished my block.  now i just have to wait for the camera to get back.  it was easier than i thought it would be! 

charliebrown:  i will try to piece my block before i go to germany.  while i'm there i will do the blanket stitch around the individual peices.  i don't know if i will be able to upload my pics and post em or not.  it depends on my in--laws' computer i guess.

anyway, dH is away with the camera at the moment.  hopefully i will get you some pics tommorow nite?  he keeps promising to bring it back, but...you know men!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shooting star
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006 01:50:35 AM »

cheers for the information

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get the quilt finished yesterday, so it has dragged onto next week now.  So fingers crossed I get it completed asap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006 07:11:31 AM »

Well...I know its a week late, but since everybody seems to be behind a bit anyway, i guess thats not all bad.   here goes:

July's Block-of the Month:

Here are the instructions:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting_monthly_blocks/article/0,1789,HGTV_3303_1397308,00.html
Don't forget:  Don't peek at the other blocks unless you don't mind "ruining" the surprise! 

Don't know how to applique?  There are TONS of sites dedicated to quilting how-tos.  But in the above link, I think you will find the instructions extremely detailed and easy-to-follow.  There is even a video at the bottom of the page about how to do the blanket stitch!

Rather predictably, its 4th of July-themed!  time to take advantage of those post-4th sales and snatch up some flag fabric for the backround!  For those of you just joining us, please refer to the first post for details.  And feel free to jump in anytime!  Don't feel you *have* to start with the first month and catch up.  You can always do those squares at the end.  I'll keep the post active until everyone is caught up.

now go applique!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006 09:45:21 PM »

Here is my June block - I ended up using embossed felt and some cotton along with the wool. I also added a sun - just gotta make it different!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006 10:15:49 PM »

chickens!!! i love it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006 10:25:02 PM »

VERRRRRRRY CUTE!  I love it!  that is one cheerful block!  the colors are great.  is that some beading i see around the sun?  nice!   the sun is a great addition.  now i look at mine and see a great big hole up there! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shooting star
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006 12:10:50 AM »

Very cute block!

Hey guys, any ideas how I can alter the July block when I finally get a chance to get around to it.  I'm Scottish and the 4th of July ain't celebrated over here.  I hope people don't take offence to me wanting to alter the block.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006 12:44:15 AM »

Glad you guys like the block - it was fun to make and I am anxious to see what others do with the pattern.

Betzi - those are beads around the sun - gold bugle beads in fact.

Shooting Star - I say alter away - it's your quilt so it should reflect you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betzi

A Really Useful Engine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006 06:09:45 AM »

oh definitely alter!  no reason to put time and effort into something thats not really you, kwim?  i think if you just choose differently patterened fabric, and maybe replace the firecrackers with something else (those things that look like candles i assume are firecrackers)--something that represents summer and/or July to you it will look just as cute!  and i don't think anyone here is in the least offended that you want to change it.  Don't worry about that!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abeautifullife
La La La La La La live for today.....

I am a perfect specimen.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006 02:37:11 PM »

Hi, Smiley I'm new here, and I love love love the idea of a Quilt-Block of the month! I am going to start June and July this week, not sure if I will do fusible, sew, or blanket stitch, lets see..lol. Wow, so cute and colorful. I'll post as soon as I get them done, Lisa Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Shark week is coming!
@Home This Weekend: Frugal Floral Wreath
July 20th: National Moon Day

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...