A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
257 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides
Pages: [1]
 1 
on: July 27, 2016 03:23:37 PM 
Started by fatewineroses, Message by fatewineroses
Relevance: 64.7%
My partner (rjannelle) in the Burrow Swap REALLY REALLY wanted a clock like Molly Weasley has. I mean, she REALLY wanted one. Capital letters and exclamation points here people! Painting and things like that are completely out of my roundhouse though. I've done basic stuff; but nothing like would be required to do this project. But she REALLY wanted one and I like challenges...so why the heck not!?! Right? Right.

Originally I wanted to make it a functional clock that had all of the Weasley family on their separate hands. But once I got the clock motor with extra long shaft, installed it (and the Weasleys!), I found out it didn't work.  Cry There was not enough time to have it replaced. There were tears. There was a meltdown (Ask my bf. He had to talk me down from the ledge.).

Then I pulled myself together (Somewhat. There were still tears.) and went to the store(s).

As a compromise, I sent the clock as a clock. And then I also sent the pieces to make it into a decorative piece with just the Weasley hands...or her own family if she so chose. And after all of that, she loved it. So that's a win.


The face was done in antique white and navy blue. The script was done in black. I wanted to do it in brown to give it some warmth; but could not find a brown that made me happy. I didn't shade it at all because I didn't trust myself to not mess it up. I sealed it with a satin finish.



If you're wondering about the process. No. I did not freehand it. I am NOT that talented. I printed a picture from the web of the face of the clock, made sure it was the right size, then used some transfer paper to copy it on the painted face. Then I painted it all in. Super easy, if time consuming.



I made the Weasleys from a piece of cardstock and thin cardboard glued together and then painted silver. After the picture was glued on, I also painted them with a satin finish. I made some blanks if rjannelle wanted to add her family in.



 
Pages: [1]


FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics



Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes



Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org, © 2009-2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands