A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
252 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Images
Pages: [1]
1  Re: Fiber Friday-- April 6 in Spinning: Completed Projects by Ilsa on: April 06, 2007 10:42:57 AM
My first hanspun, with a top whorl spindle. From a lb of raw Alpaca I bought on vacation and almost felted as a result of bad information on the internet. Somewhere in this picture is one skein that came out perfect, not overspun at all! (Those are all singles, and with some exceptions, incredibly soft.)

Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
2  Feeling Anti-Frog: A Hot Lava Gone Awry in Knitting: Completed Projects by Ilsa on: September 07, 2005 01:26:35 AM
I finished the Hot Lava Cardigan pattern provided very generously by Blue Alvarez  (her Craftster post ) in the wee hours of Saturday morning, (I work graveyard shift and it was a slow night), ran to the bathroom to try it on and realized that there was too much material bunched up behind my neck and the shawl collar would never lay flat. I didn't have enough yarn for the larger size and had picked this pattern after much consideration. Feeling decidedly anti-frog, I took scissors to it and after a little work, wore it to a dinner party later that day:







Knit on size 10 1/2 dp and straight needles. Followed the pattern for size medium (very optimistic about my gym plans and the forgiving quality of really lofty wool) from a very soft cream recycled wool that I Rit-dyed brown. The bottom edge of the sweater (originally intended to be the bust increases) looks like it's really uneven only because it's not blocked and frills a little. I'm 5'9 and a size 14.

What I did: If you are familiar with the pattern, I cut the back of the bolero section down to the original shrug section, unraveled the bolero section about 3 inches on either side of the cut (totally defeating the purpose of knitting in the round), tied off and wove in approximately 86 loose ends, picked up stitches around the cut edges and exposed the shrug part and did six rows of the 2x2 seed stitch called for in the pattern. (Can you tell that I'm very proud of my largest FO to date?)
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
Pages: [1]


FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects



Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org, © 2009-2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands