A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Topics
Pages: [1]
1  HOME SWEET HOME / Crafty Housewares: Completed Projects: General / Computer Printer Dust Covers on: May 19, 2010 08:36:33 AM
I just finished a quick project for my wife who is a very talented photographer with a variety of printers. I just threw together these dust covers. The fabric is from IKEA (which I've had for a few years) and both cover took about 3 hours to make. They came out a little snug but they work.

This is a Kodak "all-in-one"

This is a large Epson photo printer
2  CLOTHING / Clothing for Kids: Completed Projects / Surfer girl diapers! on: May 28, 2008 11:48:55 PM
So, when my wife was pregnant we decided to go with cloth diapers. We did a lot of research and bought a ton of fabrics. (we live in downtown LA, Just blocks away from the fashion district) We even special ordered PUL (Polyurethane Lined) fabric. I bought a serger and I made one diaper! We called it the $200 diaper. My daughter was born and we just didn't have time for crafty endeavors. Which is why I had only made the one. I sent half of the material to my mom who made a bunch of diapers. Our daughter has since outgrown them. So I finally eeked out some time to make more. Here is a sample:

The absorbent liner is made from Ikea towels (Cheaper than buying birdseye by the yard) and the shell is layer of PUL and Board short material from shop that only sells tropical prints. they fit our little surfer girl Just right and she loves them!

I used a pattern for the "Very basic all in one cloth diaper"from verybaby.com. Sewing was a bit challenging as the PUL tended to stick to the presser foot. It was better to sew with the PUL down but it can slip and wrinkle easily. You have to be careful how you pin it together too, poking holes in it could defeat the waterproofing. It did make a cool popping sound when it was sewn. I'm very pleased with way they turned out.
3  MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS / Completed Projects / Mod Baby bouncer re-do-My First Post! on: August 09, 2006 12:26:52 PM
My wife is due in september and we have received many generous gifts including one very ugly baby bouncer, the friend who gave it to us warned us how ugly it was.I stripped it down repainted it and copied the cover with some new cool fabric. Now it's much better. tell me what you think
click on images to see larger

Pages: [1]

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.