A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,003
Currently Running With Scissors:
341 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Images
Pages: [1]
1  40 Piece jumpsuit in Clothing: Completed Projects: General by Adelaide D on: October 13, 2014 06:42:12 AM
So I made this jumpsuit for class, sewn pieces ring in at the count of 40.

Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
2  Moto Pants in Clothing: Completed Projects: General by Adelaide D on: December 16, 2013 07:14:40 PM
 Creating Moto Pants
So for my final project in my pattern-making class we were asked to design a top and a bottom that we would make. It could  not be a dress or skirt, but it could be any sort of woven top design, and the bottoms had to be shorts or pants.

We presented our ideas, we made 3 outfits, so 6 pieces, and our instructor picked which ones she liked and we were charged with making them.

I wanted to share my process on making my pants.

I first started with a basic jean pattern, then I decided where I wanted the extra seams to be, which for me were just where the grainline had been. Before I cut it apart on the extra seams I decided how big I wanted the inset on the leg I wanted to be as well then cut that out then the legs apart.

I then added seam allowances to all the pieces, and cut it out of muslin to see how fit was going to look.

As you can see there were five pieces to each leg, front center, front side, back side, back center, and leg inset. other pieces being for the pockets, the yoke, and the waistband.

As you can see they were very unfitted and very unflattering

The right side is the fitted let you can see that it has much more of a skinny jean look.

Left leg in the photo fitted right unfitted

After getting the fit down pat it was time to start working in my fashion fabrics. I used a herringbone weave for the main body and a faux leather for the insets. I used quilt batting behind the faux leather, and then backed that with the fashion fabric to give it a more finished look like the inside so that the bating wasn't exposed.

Detail of quilting on the pocket.

Start of quilting on the leg inset

Peview of the back you can see where I had started to rivet the back pockets.

Preview of the near completed pants, they make my butt look incredibly flat in this picture for some reason D:

Place holder image of the finished pants until a better one can be taken.

I could probably do a tutorial on how to draft your own jeans and everything if there is interest.
Report to moderator  THIS ROCKS  
Pages: [1]

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Updated Yardbird
Tute Tuesday: Apple Cozy
What The World Needs Now...

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.