A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 320,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Topics
Pages: [1]
1  Archive of Past Craftster Challenge Entries / CHALLENGE 88 ENTRIES / Sea Glass and Star Candle Beachy Centerpiece on: July 04, 2013 08:05:49 AM
 Smiley Hello! Here is what I came up with for the dollar store challenge: something fun and beachy for our porch.

Pillar candles, ping pong balls, glass beads,blue twine- like rope and two star shaped containers.

I took the twine stuff and hot glued it around the ping pong balls (this might be my favorite part).

Then I crushed up the glass beads and mixed with with mode podge and covered the larger star with that, which created a great texture. While that was drying, I scooped the wax out of the pillar candles and melted it to put in the glass star container. I used some of the larger pieces from the smashed up glass beads to show through on the sides of it. Voila! Star candle!

Then, I glued the covered ping pong balls underneath, glued the small star to the big star, placed some non-crunched up glass beads on top, and now I have a super festive centerpiece!
2  OCCASIONS AND HOLIDAYS / Weddings and Bridal Showers / Manicure Protecting Cute Cleaning Gloves on: August 01, 2011 04:25:20 PM
Hi! I made this as part of a gift for a bridal shower. I didn't know where to post this project so I figured it could go under bath and beauty because they protect your hands/manicure.

The pattern was simple to make, I measured out from the wrist and then made room for seam allowances and the like. It's also my first project using a serger. SO FUN!

Anyway, hope you like it. You can't really see from this picture, but there is a large rhinestone glued to the ring finger on the left hand black glove. There is also a rhinestone glued to the layers of tulle on the wrist of the glove. The pink flowers I made by sewing a few synthetic flower petals together and joining them in the middle with a button.

3  TOYS, DOLLS AND PLAYTHINGS / Toys, Dolls and Playthings: Completed Projects / Not so fuzzy dice on: July 17, 2011 03:01:00 PM
Hiiii! I finally completed a sewing project yay! My friend was looking everywhere for stuffed large dice, and they were nowhere to be found, so I made some!

This is how they came out. I used a remnant of purple fabric from the thrift store and an old printed sheet for the dots. Here's the sequence:

4  Archive of Past Craftster Challenge Entries / CHALLENGE 62 ENTRIES / Upcycled I <3 Earth Pillow on: May 08, 2011 07:50:11 PM
I totally JUST finished this. After leisurely doing bits and pieces of it, I suddenly realized, "OOPS! I had better finish!" So, I had, from a giant box of thrift store clothing, a white sweatshirt and a green/teal jersey knit top and a blue jersey knit top. The second picture is just a progress shot of how I made the ruffle-things. I took a strip of fabric, folded in half, sewed, turned inside out, and quick ironed the seam so it was down the middle. Then I did a basting type stitch down the center and just pulled it until it bunched up. Depending on what angle you look at it, you will always see some white in the background somewhere, and I wanted it to be like the clouds peeking through, sort of like those aerial shots they do from space. I also put  close-up of the ruffle-things.

So, the materials are all upcycled/recycled, so the project itself was green, and I made the Earth heart shaped just for a little something extra. Fun!

5  Archive of Past Craftster Challenge Entries / CHALLENGE 59 ENTRIES / Yucky Silk Dress Re-do With Matching Headband :) on: February 03, 2011 05:01:03 AM

For my project, I found a Floor length long sleeved silk dress that just looked horribly awful and had some stains on it. But, it was 100% silk AND a beautiful green! It was only $3, and had plenty of enough fabric for me to cut/hide the stains. Yay!

I was so excited for this project, because I had always wanted to upcycle clothing, but I rarely finish anything I start, so having a deadline was so awesome!

So basically, I used the long sleeves for the top part, gathering them and connecting a sort of funky collar. (I'm not really one for plain halter tops, so I had to mix it up a little bit.) Now it's an empire waist, with a completely open back (don't have a picture of that, camera died...Oops!)

Then I made a little headband out of some remaining fabric:

Things learned during project:
-Silk and I need to cultivate a better relationship, it really doesn't like me!
-Thank goodness for projects when you are stuck inside due to storm after storm after storm after storm....
- Cats will steal the hook parts of eye-and-hook closures. I am still missing three!

Pages: [1]

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Designated Cutting Boards
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page
Magic and Luck

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2018, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.