A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]
21  CROCHET / Amigurumi: Completed Projects / Amigurumi mindflayer on: February 07, 2009 10:27:59 AM
It started out as a Cthulu...and rapidly fell into decline because this was one of my very first amigurumi projects. It's head was horribly lumpy, so I decided to cover it with a hood...heh. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my triple crochets, so I gave up on the wings...and now you see a mindflayer. Patterns for head, body, and hood are from the Creepy Cute crochet book. I made the poor cloak and collar on the fly (they're horrific!! if you ask me), and added another face tentacle to make it more mindflayer-esque. I've only been crocheting for about a month...Poor mindflayer.

Top view

Front view

Richard turned out much better! XD
22  CROCHET / Amigurumi: Completed Projects / Amigurumi LFG Richard the Warlock on: February 07, 2009 10:09:52 AM
Well, for my friend's birthday, I decided to make her an amigurumi Richard from the Looking for Group webcomic. If you haven't read it you should at: www.lfgcomic.com. He was supposed to be chibi, but wound up a chibi torso... Anyway, I've been making dolls from the Creepy Cute crochet book, and I used the basic head and body patterns from that...the arms, hood, pauldrons, and red trim on the hood I had to make up myself, which wasn't too bad...the trick was making the arms interchangable, because Richard has a habit of losing them and replacing them with weird things (like the Handfork of Truth and bear arms)...So I used magnets!! YAY!! So here he is:

Regular chibi

Bear arms


Chillin' with Silent Hill's Pyramid Head (let's face it, they'd be best friends)

Next on my things to do: a Pyramid head amigurumi ^_^
23  CROCHET / Crochet: Completed Projects / Re: Rainbow Scarf #2 with Pot O'Gold! on: February 07, 2009 09:56:00 AM
24  CROCHET / Crochet: Completed Projects / Re: inspired headpiece on: February 07, 2009 09:54:25 AM
OMG!! THAT IS SO CLASSY! Lovely job!
25  CROCHET / Amigurumi: Completed Projects / Re: cute amigurumi valentines bunny ~ on: February 07, 2009 09:53:13 AM
tiny and cute!!
26  CROCHET / Amigurumi: Completed Projects / Re: Gift for Hubby NSFW Adult (content pic heavy) on: February 07, 2009 09:51:10 AM
Nice beaver. lol
27  CROCHET / Crochet: Completed Projects / Re: Kyo Mini Backpack From Fruits Basket on: February 07, 2009 09:49:35 AM
CUTEST THING EVER!!! I totally want one! You could make bank on selling those to Kagura cosplayers!! Cheesy
28  TOYS, DOLLS AND PLAYTHINGS / Toys, Dolls and Playthings: Completed Projects / Silent Hill Pyramid Head Plushie prototype on: January 20, 2009 01:11:50 PM
I was quite bored one day, had lots of time, and decided to make myself a Pyramid Head plushie prototype from Silent Hill. He's kind of a hybrid between the movie and game versions...mostly the movie. Anyway, I bought some flesh tone and grey fabric scraps (including a little bit of white vinyl for the gloves), bought some batting, some grey felt, a bottle of tacky glue, acryllic paints, and fabric markers.

I made a basic humanoid body pattern, glued and stuffed it, sewed the vinyl scraps on the ends of the hands, tore up the bit I wound up using for the apron, and set to making the helmet...it was trial and error, but I finally got it down to 5 panels, seams glued on the inside somehow...I painted the helmet and apron with basic acryllics using chocolate, copper, and cranberry. I drew in the details on the helmet and body using a black fabric marker.

Then came the FUN part!! I mixed up some metallic red and black paint, with a teeny bit of brown and took a sponge brush to random places on the body to give it that cuddly blood splattered look! ^_^ For the great knife, I just cut out two basic knife-like shapes, glued them together, and gave it the sponge brush blood treatment!

I think next time I will actually take it to the machine and give him some proper seams! But, the tacky glue has been holding fast for the last 7 months or so! And I am going to devise a way to keep that point on the helmet straight. I didn't fluff the batting good enough, so it looks like he has a huge dent! But, I think I did pretty well considering I've never made a doll of any kind before!

Pics here:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Designated Cutting Boards
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page
Magic and Luck

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2018, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.