For those who just are not up to the regular 12 day swap or who want to add another swap on their list
Swap name: 12 Days Of Christmas MINI Swap 2008
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TAOJ
Sign-up date range: from 09/29/08 until 10/08/08
Partners will be posted BY 10/10/08 or if I have them done sooner
Date to send items by: December 1, 2008
Limited to a certain number of people: 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
All ages allowed? 13 and over, regardless of your age make sure you have a way to the PO and the means to participate in this swap
ORIGINAL THREAD DISCUSSION FOR THIS SWAP: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270648.0
I reserve the right to deny any craftster's entrance into this swap for any reason including the following...
ANY "negative" feedback comments
poor communication in past swaps
consistently sending late in past swaps
Note: I will also leave feedback reflecting your actual participation in the swap (good/poor communication, early/late sending, etc)
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
The idea of this swap is to craft for your partner 12 items based on their interests, going along with the idea of the 12 Days Of Christmas song. The items that you make DO NOT have to be the items IN the 12 days of Christmas song. The items sent/received can be BOTH everyday items and Christmas/Winter themed goodies. You will make 6 small items for days 12 to 7, for days 6, 5 , 4 & 3 you will make medium items and days , 2, & 1 will be large items. So that is 2 large, 4 medium and 6 smalls for a total of 12 days.
You will label the gift individually with the numbers 12-1, so that your partner knows which day is in which package(s). We will start opening the packages on December 14th with the #12 package. Inside would be one small thing until day 6 when they would be mediums. And on and on until on December 25th when you will open the #1 package which is one large item.
I would like to see that it is : 75% or more handmade 25% store bought.
1. You must send ALL PM's to TAOJ and all PM's must have the subject line: 12 Days of Christmas MINI Swap 2008
2.You must post in the original thread at least once a week! This starts once partners are assigned. That is only about 10 posts.
3.PM's must be sent to TAOJ and your partner when you send and receive. If you are sending within the USA or Canada you must get a DC# / tracking # and send it to TAOJ and your partner. They cost an extra $.75 in addition to the postage price, in Canada they are free. If you are sending outside of your country, you must keep your receipt as proof of shipping, it will be requested if there are any problems!!! This is mandatory!
4.When you open each days package, you will then need to post in the gallery. I ask that you post pictures within a reasonable amount of time. I know that they Holiday season can be quite hectic, but please get them posted within 5 days of opening. Posting pictures is a requirement for this swap! No feedback will be give unless you have pictures of your 12 packages. If you don't have a digital camera and cannot get access to one, please ask your partner to take pictures before they send.
5. The following items are NOT allowed in swap packages:
- Anything that is illegal in the U.S. or wherever you are sending your package to or from.
- Any items that have a legal age requirement to consume in the U.S. such as tobacco, alcohol, pornography etc.
- Mixed CDs containing copyrighted music or similar, including copied software, CDs, DVDs, etc
If you are uncertain please check Craftsters guidelines as well as your local post office
craftsters guidelines for swaps are as follows:
-Big = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Little = 2 or less hours
-Big = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Big = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
2. If you are sending BAKED GOODS, please only send them if you and your partner live in the same country. I don't want anyone's package to go MIA with the lovely customs officials. Also, if you are sending baked goods, you may leave them out of your package and send them individually so they arrive in a timely manner and don't spoil or go stale.
3. I highly recommend that you wrap your items in a plastic bag/trash bag/ or some other protective wrapping INSIDE the box you are sending. Because of the time of they year packages can get WET due to the post office/ups/etc leaving them on the doorstep AND some swappers have suggested that you also do this with anything you might send to a hot climate that might melt on your swap goodies.
4. Also, if you will be shipping TO a partner that is in a HOT climate during the swap send outs, please do not include any thing that might melt on their swap goodies. Think about wrapping them in a plastic baggie or something similar.
5. Here is some info from the USPS on the Flat Rate Boxes: these can be use for Domestic and International but the rates differ for International shipments. And if you purchase your postage online at usps.com or by paypal, com you get a small discount on the postage price. The Flat Rate boxes themselves are FREE (you still have to pay for postage ) from your local post office and also FREE if you get them online from the website usps.com, they will deliver them to you free of charge too!! Canada has some shipping envelopes that can be used within the country or region and prices will vary, but if you are sending something heavy they are a good choice.
6. I highly recommend that each of you put together a WIST. A WIST is a huge help for your swap partner. They get to look through all the things you have put into it to get a feel for what you like. Visit WISTS.com for more info.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your packages and other details about participating in a swap.